Your house, show and tell.

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by David Layne, Nov 15, 2007.

1. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Google Earth your address and post the image here.

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

My place - Bristol

Attached Files:

3. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I need a better monitor before I can do that!

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

From the upstairs balcony. That concrete monstrosity is the Students' Union, where I used to work

Attached Files:

• View.JPG
      View.JPG
      File size:
      55.3 KB
      Views:
  5. David Layne

Two pictures, therefore a pair of Bristols.

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

That deserves a :drum:

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

david do you still have those pictures of the aircraft in your backyard?

8. David Layne

From the upstairs balcony. That concrete monstrosity is the Students' Union, where I used to work

One of those horrors from the sixties. It has non of the character of the brick building in the foreground.

It was claimed that developers after the war did more damage to my home town (Grantham) than the Germans.

9. David Layne

Many. A crop duster landed about an hour ago I will go and take a picture of it. BRB.

10. David Layne

This is an "Air Tractor." My neighbour is a crop sprayer and must be working locally.

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oooow that looks like it would be a fun ride. Cheers David

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Home for me. The right hand side of the T shaped house in the centre.

Google Earth - Home.jpg

13. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Here is my wee pad.

Attached Files:

14. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

And although you cant see it, I am at the top of the steepest hill in the world, well it feels like it when your drunk walking up it :)

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

The one on the corner? nice.

Actually looks a lot like the estates we go around doing book recovery on. You brought your library books back young man?

16. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Library? me? Behave!

17. Kitty

Kitty New Member

*sniggers* :>

18. David Layne

You can tell from the shadow that the airplane is taking off. He is flying due south.

There are two properties on the south of Waco Drive, ours is the westward one with the big white hanger and house next to the runway.

The row of pines to the south were decimated in our recent tornado as were some of the trees around our house.

Our road is crushed rock, on the right running north south is a dirt road. We have more dirt roads in our county than paved.

19. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Dare I ask if thats near the David Koresh Waco?

Nice house though David, wish I had that kind of outlook, what is property prices like around you?

20. David Layne

Waco refers to that type of airplane, we have a Cessna Drive and Stearman drive too.

I would expect it would be valued at around $400,000.00. Properties in our area (Alabama) are generally cheaper than the rest of the country. I could not afford this place on the west coast or east coast, the U.K. either.

The only utility services we have is electricity and cable. We have water from a well, and a septic tank. We have no garbage collection.