Where has everyone gone

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by sniper, Feb 26, 2011.

1. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi All,

Just wondering where all the friendly people on this forum have gone. Only one or two of us posting on here now which can make it a dull place to be. Come on guys and gals start posting again and lets get the chatting going again or Lee may as well just close this down for what is happening on here.

We have some very knowledgable people on the forum and yet we are not using this place to its best advantage. Who's going to be the first one to 10,000 postings, the way its going its going to be me and i have less than 600 at the moment.

We used to have a really good forum going on here and now its dead, but we can get this going again with some good chat and banter as well as some good research going on. Come on guys and gals lets get this going again.

Sniper

2. John

John Active Member

Hi Sniper,
    I would also love to see the site as busy as a bee again. I miss all the little side jokes and bantor that use to go on between people. I also miss all the interesting articles that members put up on their posts.

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

takes people to post to get this place going again. have you all been seeing the news stories related to WW2 recently?

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    There may be sme more turning up, the hibernation period is nearly over.
    The Ides of March may see a resumption of postings.
    I, personally, have a pretty extensive 39/45 library, if anyone would like a particular general subject looked up, just say the word.
    At 400 books, her indoors, put her foot down so I presented Age Concern with half of them, keeping still a good broad representation of happenings on my bookcase.
    All I can say is try me.
    Cheers
    Keith

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

she made you get rid of your books?!

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    Yes, most of them being duplicarions in kind of some of the ones I retained.
    The reasoning, of the female mind, is that I must have read them by now.
    I found it impossible to justify the difference between a reference collection and a reading assortment.
    So I opted for a quiet life.
    Coward !
    :behindsofa:
    Cheers
    Keith

7. DFC

DFC New Member

still here just been reading posts im in quite a few forums ,part of the reason haven't done much
    Cheers

8. sniper

sniper Active Member

Good to see your still around DFC. Would be good to build this forum back up to what it was a year or so again.

Sniper

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

i hate life getting in the way of interests.

10. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    After a lot of picking and trying on the confusing plethora of new WWII listings I have managed to find the correct one.
    Now week 4 since I came home from hospital, I am at last starting to shuffle around with only a walking stick, still a bit fuzzy and not quite stable, but getting there.
    As soon as posible I will start uploading a new set of drawings and pictures from my collection of books, that I think may be of interest the members.
    Any paticular subject can be covered on rquest, if I can find the info.

Regards to all.
    I will offer a little prayer for a better season for this time next year.
    :hug:
    :band1:
    Cheers
    Keith

11. John

John Active Member

Hi Keith,
    Glad to hear your on the mend. What were you in hospital for ???

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi John,
    nice to know you're still one of the faithful.
    I had a stone blocking me downstairs, which is the most painful experience needing initially three injextions of morphine to kill the pain and put me to sleep.
    If that wasn't enough, after being weeks on my back, and not being able to eat, I lost 2 stone (weight) plus the ability to walk or stand due to the loss of most of my muscle.
    Back home now and feeling much better.
    One thing about an ex-gunner we have terrific recoil.
    Hope all is well with you and our New Zealand friends.
    :playball:
    Cheers
    Keith

13. John

John Active Member

Hi Keith,
    WOW - that didn't sound real good for you. Glad everything is now okay but look after yourself.

14. Kitty

Kitty New Member

glad you came out of macclesfield hospital OK! from what am hearing from home its not the place to be at the moment. sounds a rather painful experience, and am glad you are finding your feet again. i think its time we had another go at getting this place rocking again.

15. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    I am here because of the superb treatment I had, the medical staff could not have been better
    The equipment that was put to use to keep me here, was fantastic, certainly as good as anything I could have expected in the private sector.
    I am so grateful to the medical and nursing staff, who were constantly attentive and caring.
    I am still having constant backup care, ensuring that I am progressing and improving.
    I'm not ready to go yet!
    Certainly not before I keep my promise of trying to help the forum's return to it's previous state of efficiency and interest.
    So many of the old contributors are missing, come back and let us return to the state we were in two years ago.
    I'll try to post items of interest for info an discussion.
    I may be a bit slow at first but will speed up as I recover, a little help from old friends would be appreciated.
    :horn:
    Cheers
    Keith

16. John

John Active Member

Hi Keith,
    We are a great double aren't we. You with your stones and me with my cancer. I, like you would love to see all our members come back and make this a great site again. I would love to know why they stopped making comments
    John

17. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi John,
    Well as a man once said " no matter how bad you may think life is treating you, there are always many more far worse than you are"!
    We are still here and posting.
    :clap2:
    :laugh:
    You keep well, I am only having a slight set-back.
    Find it hard to walk at the moment, but as my wife and others have said " you always were a bit unbalanced "
    Going to post a few pics re. British WWII Weaponry, hope it will be found interesting.

Cheers
    Keith

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I have come to the conclusion people stopped posting cos they are miserable gits. :D