Wally of the Week

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Feb 27, 2008.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

You have got to be joking. Surely there must be one person who does the initial translation and a second one who checks it.

2. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

The Insurance Company and their solicitors still trying to settle the crash last May who sent us a letter dated 24th October demanding a response to their letter of ....... 24th October!!!! Bet that has cost me £50 indirectly too!!!!

p.s. We have both been driving for well over 40 years, I have only had one serious accident (also a drunken driver) and my husband hasn't had any. He was driving down the motorway the other day when a left hand drive lorry who obviously didn't see him pulled into the middle lane and shunted him into the outside lane. Fortunately he was driving a Volvo but it was another £2k's worth of damage!!!

3. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

No. The accolade goes to the Tax Office.

My self assessment, not due until 31st October, was duly completed and returned, together with a cheque for the £0.40 owing from last year because you are advised to ignore the pence involved, on 7th October.

On Wednesday 29th October I received "Notice of Impending Legal Action" i.e. before the due date - I'd already sent the cheque - and it was only £0.40!!!!!!!

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Sounds like my old insurance company - they ould claim to have sent all sorts of letters to me which I never got. But interestingly, I always seem to get their bills on time :frusty:

Pity it was last week or you could have claimed that you tried to do it all online whilst the entire government system had been shutdown because of security concerns

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I couldn't do it online this time. I needed forms which had to be downloaded and then sent in which brought forward the completion date to October 31st!

I could have delayed sending my £0.40 until the end of January but I thought that Gordon needed it!!!!

6. John

John Active Member

I wonder how much it is costing them to get their 40 pence of you

7. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Rest easy in your beds! The financial crisis is over. The Inland Revenue have just cashed my cheque for £0.40!!!!!!

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

That's a relief, CT. Somewhere in the IR, someone just earned their Christmas bonus...

9. Antipodean Andy

10. Heidi

Heidi New Member

You could also add Prince Harry to you're list of Tool/wally of the week. Prince Harry did the same thing at a dress up costume party,maybe he for got that he is a famous person and no one will notice him = Tool/wally of the week.

11. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I was listening to the reports on the news last night. Should never have been allowed to happen but now that it has.........?

13. Antipodean Andy

14. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Oranges?Geez. The world is getting loopy.I don't understand why?Cause the oranges stain teeth!But who cares about it being healthy!
    I think the people who are the bosses of the rules should *Go and get a LIFE.
    Yes, this is wally/tool of the week.

15. Antipodean Andy

Heidi, their reason is because of the acid in the oranges. I think they're assuming no one brushes their teeth.

16. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

My dentist told me that one should never brush ones teeth within half an hour of drinking citrus juice, nor vice versa, because it is the reaction between the two which is the most harmful.

I do so look forward to the day when advice given is based upon statistically meaningful studies!!!! .... and I long for a state that would worry about the big things (over which I have less control) and, having given me the available information, leave me to worry about what I eat, drink etc..

17. Antipodean Andy

You and me both, CT.

18. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

An 18-year-old has secretly painted a 60ft drawing of a phallus on the roof of his parents' £1million mansion in Berkshire. It was there for a year before his parents found out. They say he'll have to scrub it off when he gets back from travelling.

BBC - Newsbeat

19. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

20. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | 'Dumb' thief picks police summit