Views on new site

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Wise1, Sep 11, 2007.

?

Rate the site

1. Top Notch!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Pretty Good

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Not so Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not so Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Vote but also leave some comments for things you would like to see introduced or improved.

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Damn cool. Nothing else to add at this time except thanks for all your hard work.

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Same here. This is the first forum I've been on where I'm one of the first 10 members so the gloss will never wear off! Onya Lee.

I went with "Pretty Good" for the time being as I'm hoping/know this will grow into the "top notch" site the dark side was before it, well, turned into the dark side!

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

Thanks Lee.

I voted pretty good as it is in its infancy and is tracking very well. The forum is easy on the eye and very easy to navigate.

Let's see how the "Newbie" on the net is received and work to make it a solid team effort.

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Lee
    Site looks good. I wish it / you every success.
    CTNana

Is it me? I don't have the opportunity to log off on the Portal screen.

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

When you click on "Log Out" does a pop-up appear asking "Are you sure you want to log out? Yes/No"? If not, you may have pop-ups blocked for this site.

If you still have problems, then you'll be automatically logged out after a period of inactivity.

7. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Kyt
    I don't get Log Off as a menu choice except when I am replying to a thread.
    CTNana

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Can you see the following buttons on your main page?

[​IMG]

If not, then there maybe an issue - and I'll let Lee know.

9. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi
    Those are my choices when replying to a thread but my choices at the Portal Page are:-
    PORTAL FORUMS REGISTER ARCADE GALLERY FAQ MEMBERS LIST CALENDAR TODAYS POSTS SEARCH

Was this what Andy was referring to when he was talking about not being able to include his Avatar because the three missing are USER CP , QUICK LINKS and LOG OFF?

CTNana

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi CTNana,

there seems to be a glitch, as you obviously have some buttons missing. I'll PM Lee and ask him to look into it. The issue with Andy's avatar maybe linked. Leeis still working on the setup, so there will probably be a few teething problems for the first few days.

K

11. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi Kyt
    No Problems, thought I was having yet more senior moments!!!!
    Cheers
    CTNana

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm here, so of course this site is top notch! :D

13. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Could you take a screenshot and attach it to a post here please.

14. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Nice and easy site to operate. I hope it gains more members and grows as time goes by

15. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi Lee
    Just managed to work out how "Print Screen" works now without DOS!!!!

Attached are shots of my screen as I see it at the Portal (limited menu choices / screen stretched) and once I have selected a thread to view - only then do I get the opportunity to "Log Out".

Hope that helps.
    CTNana

Attached Files:

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

CTNana

That is very strange. I see that though you are logged on, the login boxes are still showing. Those should be replaced by this:

[​IMG]

I shall have a look, and ask Lee to do so too.

K

17. marcus69x

marcus69x Guest

I went with pretty good. For reasons as Andy's already stated.

Keep it up.

18. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Cheers Marcus - though I'd not listen to anything Andy has to say - he's common as muck :becky:

19. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Damn, thats all messed up! Will look into that just now. Your using FF as a browser.

20. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I see exactly whats wrong, all your missing is the style settings contained within the style.css file, but I cant replicate the error your having.