US army enlists anthropologists

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

Funny people in those little rooms thinking up ideas to keep themselves in a job.

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I ain't that funny - but I know what you mean. The lengths I used to go to in my office to look busy when I was researcher (just so that I wouldn't have to go out and actually research "real people") :>

My friend Ivo did his fieldwork in Cameroon, and his stories were hilarious. He loved the locals that he was researching and got on well with them. But in the locale in which he worked the main aid agency was an American Evangelical group. Real madcap zealots, always dropping to their knees for a prayer. Poor Ivo said that he didn't mind the heat, didn't mind the uncomfortable surroundings, didn't mind the lack of home comforts..............but was rather peed off with the fact that his knees were crippled by the time he'd finished his study.

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Sounds like they'd be good recruits for taking pics of headstones...if we could put up with them! :becky:

5. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

In the late sixties and early seventies, the US army enlists psychics in order to utilise their skills in "remote viewing" of possible russian missile sites and other military establishments!