The Weather Channel

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by David Layne, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Heidi

Heidi New Member

You should post them on the you're pet thread C/C! I love to see them.

2. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

I will but it will have to wait untill they get there baths.:) Hopefully I remember to take pic of them.

3. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Ok i will remind you!too post you're :horse:.

4. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Guess what ? .... the weathermen were wrong ... what a concept !!!!!!! ( that's a first !! :first: )

5. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Hiedi, I should have pic tonight.:)

6. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Goodie,i sure to be waiting.

7. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Heidi, I posted pic of them in " Post pictures of your pets here thread".:)P.S The weather was wonderful and I rode Horse again.:)

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Been a lovely spring day here, nice and mild with sunshine. So went for a drive up into Derbyshire and back home. and all the bluebells are starting to come out so will get the camera out in the next week or so.

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

22 and blue skies today. A bit of a chill in the air but lovely bright sun.

Sounds familiar.

10. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

I hate the Celsius method of measuring temperatures, too
    Frenchified for me. I much prefer the Fahrenheit method.
    Fahrenheit gives one more, range. I am having trouble explaining what I mean but the variation in temperature between Celsius and Fahrenheit is 2.12 and therefore to me, Fahrenheit better represents temperature fluctuations.

So Andy we are experiencing similar temperatures. However here the weather unsettled, stormy with the possibility of tornadoes. It's all rolling down hill from the snow storms that Annie was experiencing in Colorado!

11. Antipodean Andy

To each his own, DL. Other than my two years in the US, I've only ever known the metric system...other than converting what the speedo says on my old trucks to make sure I'm not speeding (and getting used to speeds and heights of aircraft in my reading!). LOL, as if they ever could!

Btw, I think you had better tell Annie to keep her weather to herself.

12. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

I never understood the celsius method of measuring tempertures.

13. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

The weather has gone fowl.:-( The weather was great earlier today though.

14. Antipodean Andy

It's easy. The thermometer does it for you! :lol:

Makes sense to me - 0 is the freezing point of water, 100 is the boiling point. Don't know much, if anything, about the science behind it all but I'm sure there's logical reasons for each method and Kelvin etc.

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I can get to absolute zero on the kelvin scale. More than the scientists can do.

Today its about 17C bright blue skies and warm. Will have to wear shorts tomorrow.

16. Antipodean Andy

Locals blinded by bright light. Police have shorts-wearing female in custody. :bolt:

17. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

It has been windy and raining all day.:-(

18. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

When I try to figure out celsius I feel like this.:frusty::frusty::frusty::>

19. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

It's been a pleasant day today in Alabama, high in the mid 70's. Yesterdays stormy weather moved to the north of us and we got no rain.

20. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I got sun burn