Spidges Remembrance Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by spidge, Nov 11, 2007.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I wish you and yours a day full of happy memories.

6. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

It is not eleven o'clock over here so the various parades have not started. But you have produced a lot of interesting photos.

Glad to see the dead of both world wars are still being remembered on this special day.

7. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I hope everyone has their own special thoughts on this day, I am just off out to a small service not far from me which is being held after the main service which I dont go to here as its well, dare I say, too religous and I am not, so I dont feel its the place for me to remember the fallen in an environment I am not comfortable with.

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Didn't get to attend a service this year as my sister was getting married. Jodi and I made sure we had poppies to wear though.

9. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

The wood carvings are very well done. Number 3 is especially haunting; I'm not quite sure why.

I went to the memorial service at my local memorial today - forgot to take my camera. but it was very moving. There must have been around 300 people there - much more than I remember in earlier years, but the commentator on the BBC of the Cenotaph service in London also said that more people are taking an interest these days than previously, which must be a good thing.

10. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Certainly is a good thing, AR. Same happening down here too.

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Those chain-saw carvings are excellent, Spidge. Thank you for sharing them. Very evocative

12. spidge

spidge Active Member

They have been there for four years now and only one slouch hat has been broken.

"Touch Wood" and fingers crossed!

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Those carvings are lovely.