Rant/Rave of the Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

In one way or another every continental philosopher has been, whether by embracing his ideas, or by countering them. The English and American empiricists are the ones who haven't been thus influenced to such a great degree.

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

RANT: (at myself) Having just re-read my last two posts I sound like right pretentious wally.

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

And too true by Marx, "A new revolution is possible only in consequence of a new crisis"..............

That was the mid 19th century. Feel like counting how many times this has come to pass?

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

It is, however, just as certain as this crisis

But how many have been real revolutions? And how many have been reactionary actions?

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

In reaction to opportunity?

6. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

The Australians weren't influenced either:

Appropriately enough, it was a pair of fictional Australian philosophy professors – both called Bruce – who memorably described American beer as being very similar to making love in a canoe. This label has dogged the reputation of American beer for many years, often with good reason.
    http://www.salient.org.nz/columns/beer/

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I loved this bit:

Definately knew a girl like that.

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Some opportunities arise, some are forced, some are supplanted by outsiders.

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

jesus this sounds like year 1 at uni for me. Mind you i managed to avoid Marxism and other crap by going off on my own little way and discovering Edgeworking. Throw yourself off that Edge baby! :>

Spidge, you are my internet dad. Given the chance Id swap you for my mother any time.

Kyt, you know I am having your books, an deven if i do propose to the 617/Mossies ones, i shall keep all the others as my mistresses. My Wife will be rather understanding.

Andy, SEND ME MALTESERS DAMMIT!

10. Antipodean Andy

Spidgeman, I think you just got called a mother...

Hussy.

Um, your wife?

K.

11. Antipodean Andy

RAVE: cheese and bikkies while reading the forum (I am sooo civilised)

RANT: a poodle who likes cheese and bikkies as much as I do and demands his share...:becky:

12. Antipodean Andy

RAVE: $15 million won on Powerball in West Oz last night.

RANT: it wasn't me!

13. spidge

spidge Active Member

Sitting here doing my BAS (Business Activity Statement) listening to a Doco on the Pacific on the History Channel.

The Narrator keeps calling Admiral Nimitz - NY - MITS

and Rabaul - RAB BOUL.

Bad as that bloke last week calling Edinburgh in Scotland - EDINBURRAH:mad2:

14. Antipodean Andy

Nymits? That's bloody funny. Dumb ar*e.

15. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

:laugh:

That's as bad as saying Six Seventeen Squadron

16. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Or Six hundred and seventeenth squadron!:mad2:

17. Antipodean Andy

Grrrrrrrrrrr :>(plenty of r's there to meet short message demands!). Hate seeing that. We make an effort to get it right with other air forces so at least make an effort for our system!

18. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Do we? Actually, my versions of the USAAF's FS and FG aren't printable on the forum :>

19. Antipodean Andy

At least you don't call it USAF!

20. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I am tempted to call it the USAF until the day they accept our pronunciations of the Royal Airforce squadron numbers :>