Rant/Rave of the Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Outposted

I spent two or three days looking through a couple of sites that Spidge pointed out to me.

Found what I thought was an interesting article "Farewell to Hitler" for the content showing the hold he had on the German population.
    Managed to contact the site owner and got his permission to post it in our forum.
    He can be found by entering Nazi Wartime Posters into search and raising bytw@calvin.edu.
    Then I find it has been posted in "Have Hitler as a godfather" by fernhilt in June.

:frusty:

Keith DII

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

RANT: £140 Tomtom bought last month. Tonight did its first update. First update completely screwed it over, wiped out all its maps and crashed the device. I've spent the last 3 hours reloading all the software repeatedly to the point i could get it to come up with a different screen, only to be told there were no maps inside. Now just spent another £41on new maps for the UK in the vain hope that will solve the frickin problem! Its needed on thursday! GRRRRRRRRRRRR at this rate I'll need to try and find something other than a contact email so I can actually scream at someone at tomtom and make them replace it under the 12 month manufacturers warranty.

3. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Whats a Tom Tom?
    Is it a GPS type system?

Regards Cobber

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Tomtom is the best satnav on the market in the UK. Its now boxed up to be sent back to them to be checked and probably replaced, as with the help of someone in customer services the software is so fried it won't even format itself clean. *sigh* I'm £41 down at a time I can't really afford it with bills coming in in the run up to christmas. never mind. We should get a straight replacement for it. Just won't ever attempt an update again.

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

RAVE: :D

RANT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

That is all

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Change of Direction

To all of you from all of me !!!

:hug:
    :kiss:
    :a025:
    :band1:

Cheers
    Keith DVII

Attached Files:

• Card.jpg
      Card.jpg
      File size:
      154.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Keith

Keith New Member

I think that with the new electioneering going on, if Churchill was alive he would probably say,

" Never in the field of British Politics,
    Was so much taken,
    From so many,
    By so few"

Cheers
    Keith DLXXXVI

8. John

John Active Member

Good Day Keith, I think your post would apply to all governments in the world

9. spidge

spidge Active Member

A Benjamin Franklin quote:

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Can I move to a different country for the next 4 weeks please?

11. DFC

DFC New Member

If you got married you probably would have a bit more cash to go round :common001::common001::common001:
    Cheers Tony ....still speechless

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

the tomtom came back totall reformated. Will never ever attempt to update it again. and just what is so surprising about me getting married?!

13. Keith

Keith New Member

All our nice little adverts!!!!!
    Tried the "check army details for free" huh! free as long as you pay £25.
    Must be an offshore site.

Keith,

14. John

John Active Member

Good Morning Keith - A lot of Family History sites use that ploy. They release enough info to get you interested then say if you want the rest you will have to pay.
    Regards
    John

15. spidge

spidge Active Member

I go as far as I can then jump ship.

The geneology sites must be raking in a fortune.

Cheers

Geoff

16. John

John Active Member

Yes Geoff, I do the same as you do. The killer is that a couple of bigger players are taking over from the smaller suppliers of information then charging like wounded bull for it
    Regards
    John

17. Kitty

Kitty New Member

seems to be all the time now, if you want to check BMD databases online then you can get the initial name, and maybe one date if you are lucky, then you have to send off for the certificate at an extortionate cost, and hope its the correct one. Sniper keeps trying to do my family history, but seeing as its a mangrove thicket then he is having difficulty with it.

18. Keith

Keith New Member

Snippets from my Regimental Magazine.

Life is really quite simple but we insist on making it complicated.

Both my marriages were failured. Number one departed and number two stayed.

The important thing in acting is to laugh and cry.
    If I ever have to cry I think about my sex life.
    If I ever have to laugh, I think about my sex life, Glenda Jackson.

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do
    and always a clever thing to say.

Cheers
    Keith

19. Kitty

Kitty New Member

ah the good old rant/rave thread. How I have missed thee!

and he usual RANT: money.

20. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    You mercenary little devil
    :>
    There are more important things in life, making me one of the greatest actors of all time because of my ability to easilly lsugh or cry( re. #2 above )
    :drama:

Cheers
    Keith