Rant/Rave of the Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2007.

1. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Okay then, Roy Chubby Brown. i know a good story about his song "Alice"!

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oh yes?....

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Oi! He's only got 1 Z!

And i do no thave a dirty mind. my Wife says so. :D

4. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Many years ago, I worked in a factory making IBM computers. At Christmas time the team that was with booked a table at a xmas party arranged by the local hilton.

We were having a good time and the disco started playing Smokeys "Alice" to which Brown had over dubbed on his version "Alice! Who the F**K is Alice".

Our table started singing the Chubby Brown version and I was appraoched by a man in suit who asked me to stop my workers from creating a scene.

Seems that some b*****d from our table had told him that i was the managing director!

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

RANT: the girl I currently share an office with telling her cronies that this place (my work) is a boys' club and you only get anywhere if you've got a penis! This coming from someone who is doing exactly the same job as me and currently getting paid more to do so!

Thank goodness I get my own office on Friday!

6. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Where I work, they say the only way you will get on in the company is to be either female or gay! As I am neither of them, but i'll get that checked out, that would explain why they piss me around so much!

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Ah, now I don't feel so cheesed off!

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oh dear guys, welcome to the 21st century - being a straight bloke is one of the last great sins left. :laugh:

When I left uni one of my friends was accepted for a course in masters in social work whilst I was still umming and ahhing. She tried to convince me to enrol too because I wouldn't even have to do any work to get it - I ticked a lot of the right boxes:

Ethnic Minority? tick
    Disabled? tick
    Male? tick
    Gay? Damn, knew I'd forgotten something - oh well, probably only get a Masters without a distinction

I wish I'd enrolled because nobody knows what Medical Anthropology is (including me, and I've been involved in it for 14 years!!!)

9. spidge

spidge Active Member

I can see you out there involved in social medicine, endeavouring to improve the lot of the working class and their susceptibility to disease and illness.

A sad case of the haves and the have nots!

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Cheers Sidge, but I chickened out. Whereas a number of the other students went off to exotic places like Nigeria, Thailand and the Philipines to carry out their fieldwork, I carried out mine in British GP surgeries :becky:

But then again I think I was probably in more danager :peep:

Looking back on it, it was a great course with some of the best anthropologists in the world in that field, but at the time.........well, students can be very ungrateful.

11. marcus69x

marcus69x Guest

Rant: I cycle to work every day and I HATE it when you're trying to get across the road and you're waiting for a gap in the traffic so you can slip through. You're waiting, waiting......waiting. You can see there's gonna be a gap after the next 4 cars pass. Except, the car at the back is going so slowly that by the time it passes you, the car behind it has caught up and closed the gap. ARRRRGGHH. Waiting, waiting......:frusty:

God help me the day I get a car.

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

God help us all too when you get a car :)

13. marcus69x

marcus69x Guest

Very true Kyt. :) I'm normally a really chilled out, nice person but all too often I find the daft, silly things in life really irratate me.

Things like: Banging my little toe on the door frame,
    Slow people clogging up the pavement,
    the shop closing 5 minutes early,
    The bus being early (because I was on time and missed it),
    Christmas decorations in October.

Rant, rant, rant hahahaha

marcus

14. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Aren't we a bunch on grumpy old men - we should film our own show :becky:

But I can't dispute anything on your list

worse than that is when people just stop suddenly - well I'm not a mind-reader and when they get a clip off my bag or walking stick, I'm the one expected to apologise - get some bloody brake lights fitted to your backs!!! :mad2:

15. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Well, I did history at undergrad and psychology at post grad, most people think that I should teach!:frusty:

16. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Why not, you never fancied that line of work?

17. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

My Ex is a former senior primary school teacher and a lecturer at St Andrews Building at Glasgow training new teachers, the srories she used to tell put me off it for life!

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Then go as a uni lecturer, they do next to no work at all, and start at about £31k a year......

RANT: Lecturers giving me a lot of subjects to cover in a 2500 word essay, THATS ENOUGH FOR A FECKIN MASTERS DISSERTATION TO PRAT!

RANT: Am soooooooooooooooooo tired.

RAVE: 5 maltesers today and not an ounce of guilt! :>

19. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

5 bags of Maltesers? Sheesh, even I would feel guilty about that!

20. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

My old cat, used to love getting a malteser, he would lick the chocokate off and then play with the centre!