Qantas Take Note

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by The Aviator, Nov 20, 2007.

1. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

It is easy to be a flight attendant at Qantas. Just get a job with them back in 1970 and any old dragon is set for life. Under Australia's industrial legislation one can't lose their job for being old, fat or ugly.

Maybe we need to see what is happening in China.

The clone-like air hostesses who service the friendly skies for Chinese airlines are apparently no accident.

Young, beautiful and of a similar height, China's trolly dollies of the future are selected in a televised Miss World-style competition, according to a report in a US newspaper.

Remaining calm in a mid-air crisis is apparently no match for the ability to mince down the aisle of a plane looking gorgeous.

Applicants cannot be older than 24 years, must have nice legs and be taller than average, The Los Angeles Times reports.

To test their suitability, entrants take part in a swimsuit competition, and race each other to see who is best at dragging heavy luggage.

They are also judged on how quickly they can don their pencil-skirt, heels and make-up.

Men can enter, but they are not featured on the televised show.

Although this method of recruitment would cause more than a bit of turbulence among women in this part of the world, no one in China seems bothered. The opportunity to travel is worth fighting for.

"A lot of Chinese passengers judge the quality of airlines based on the quality of their flight attendants, meaning are they pretty or not pretty," Luo Man, a media director at China Southern, the country's largest carrier, told The Times.

The mother of contestant Wang Jing, 22, said she thought the beauty-pageant style contest was a "fair" way of choosing air hostesses.

"This is a service industry. A lot of other Chinese airlines have flight attendants who are very attractive. People always talk about which airline has the best-looking flight attendants."

Twenty-year-old entrant Lu Ju said the opportunity to travel "was every little girl’s dream".

"I want to be beautiful like the flight attendants. They can see the world and go places most people can't."

The dream may not last. Many Chinese air hostesses do not stay on past their early 30s, the report said. The retirement age is capped at 45.

See the pic below to see the sort of flight attendants us guys want here.

Attached Files:

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

As long as they are polite and don't bash me in the aisle seat as they walk passed (as opposed to the South African Airways girls), I don't care what/who they are!

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

you are a sexist animal........................like your style.

4. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

I have to own up to the rest of the members of the forum. I feel that you all should realise that I always sit in aisle seats so I can spend the flight hours looking at shapely blue tight skirts with nylons and heels. Lots of bending over to get low trays out is a bonus.
    Do you think I need help?

Attached Files:

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Having flown with a number of airlines, big and small, I'd rather have a stewardess who was helpful, and give me hand down the steps or offer to carry my hand luggage to the terminal, than a dolly bird who was afraid of breaking a nail.

6. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Having flown with budget airlines recently, then I wa not impressed by either the service or the attendants!

7. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

Hmmm. What can I find to cheer you up.
    A note here for those that don't want to see any more flight attendants.
    Please don't look at this topic. It isn't good for you.

You get off the plane and there is the flight attendant that you have been trying to convince your wife that you aren't interested in looking at for over ten hours.
    She is sitting on a rail with her shoes kicked off and her feet need rubbing.

What do you do?

Attached Files:

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Errr, now I'm all for pampering young ladies...............but she's been in those shoes and on her feet for 10 hours. Ewwwwwww.

9. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

Hmm Kyt, you don't sound like the paediatric therapist that she needs. Feet don't mean calves and above. Disgusting!

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

My sort of therapy is very much based on uqual opportunities. If I'm expected to rub someone's sore feet then I expect them to rub my claws. sorry I mean feet, too.

And for those of you who read this whilst eating........I sincerely apologise for the image that I've created :becky:

11. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

Hmm Kyt. Equal opportunities? I'm not rubbing some guy's feet.

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Riiiiiiiiight. I am turning a blind eye to this blatant male chauvinism for a while. However when it does finally get to me, which probably won't be long, then i start changing images and contents to my own satisfaction :>

13. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

The aircraft is on the final approach into Hong Kong with a 40 knot cross wind and you notice the pilots all relaxing in 1st.
    You look into the cockpit.........

Attached Files: