Post pictures of your pets here

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Colonel Klink, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Golden Wattle

Golden Wattle New Member

Heidi,
    I can see where stripes got it's name.
    Nice looking cat.

GW

:high5:

2. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Thanks GW.

I do have a Black cat aswell but he's to black. He's so black that you can't see his face at all,when i take his photograpgh!

3. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

That is from him being neutered by an organization called P.A.W.S......They clip the ear, to say that this cat has been neutered/spayed already.:)

You will also see this on White socks(in the beggining of this thread).:couch2:p.S Thank you for saying my cat (Stripes) is cool.

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

5. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Beautiful dog there Spidge.:thumbsup:

6. Golden Wattle

Golden Wattle New Member

Spidge,
    Don't call her a Bitch, you haven't heard her side of the story..

GW

7. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Spidge:How come when you take a pic of you're very black dog she shows up? When i take a pic of my very black cat,i can't see him at all! Meanning i can't post him on here!

Adorable black dog,she's cute!

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

I am blessed really, she can do everything but talk![​IMG]

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Here's our two toy poodles. The white one is Monty - he's six in August - and the black one is the poodle/vampire/bulldozer/bush-pig cross Milly. She's one next month (came very close to being called Rommel too - :becky:).

The next photo shows three of our four alpacas - (L-R) Tabitha, Jezza (brown) and Tabitha's son Sox - three of our four chickens and three of our five sheep. This was taken a couple of months ago before the rains returned!

The other pic shows a greener middle paddock and all four alpacas. The white one is Hurley.

10. John

John Active Member

Great photo's Andy :first::dwarf:

11. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Nice animals Andy.

12. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Your dogs are beautiful Andy. Not sure about the alpacas though ... do they bite?

I've been trying to get some more photos of Sooty but she goes all coy when I get the camera out! She is a digger and will bury anything (including her water bowls). The garden looks lovely - half buried tulips and daffodils, pots emptied and an excavated lawn! Getting a puppy must have been my husband's idea!!!!

13. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

That looks like some nice countryside Andy.

14. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I wasn't going to mention that in case he mentioned lemon trees and the like!

Looks beautiful. Is the risk of fire all gone now?

15. Antipodean Andy

Cheers, guys.

It certainly is, DL, and it's greened up in the past month so I have to mow again. My current project is trying to photograph the stunning tiny birds that flit around our garden.

I wouldn't say it's ever gone, CT, but we've had some good rain recently. It blew a gale and bucketed down yesterday and I chose the heaviest rain to go out to check the filters on the tanks! There's still a few things I'd like to do around our place to put my mind at ease but I achieved my main task of buying a second pump and hoses to hook up to our tanks. Now it's all manual work but the trees are helping by dropping their leaves. Well, actually that means I have to clean them up but at least the branches I chop off will be lighter...LOL.

EDIT: The alpacas would have to be the crusiest animals ever. Other than clipping their nails (which reminds me...) once a quarter, they are great. Friendly and peaceful to watch, we have to keep an eye on the dogs as Milly, the puppy, breaks into the paddock every now and then when we're in it and the alpacas aren't too keen on anything canine which makes them great fox-bashers (foxes are an introduced pest here).

EDIT EDIT: Milly digs from time to time and brings in sticks and flower bulbs and the occasional dried cow-pat (when we had a couple cows) to show us how good a hunter she is. She also managed to find every young bird that didn't survive the hot weather in our garden. The garden also has several "kill zones" marked with stuffing she's removed from her toys! That gets eaten by the mower but regularly replaced!

Looking forward to seeing Sooty.

16. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

Here are our two pets:

Pepper [the dark tortoiseshell] is now eighteen; we've had her since she was two, so longer than we've had our children. She is deaf now and her mousing days are over, but she is still assertive about which sofa she sleeps on!

Pebbles [the white chinchilla] is my mother-in-law's cat: we bought a house jointly with my m-in-law four years ago (i.e sold our houses and bought one big one with an annex). Me and mother-in-law getting used to each other is another story, but if it was traumatic for us it was even worse for Pebbles who was not used to other cats. She stayed in m-in-law's bedroom for two years, and on the rare occassions that she emerged she was bullied by Pepper. But now Pepper is less able to stand up for herself, Pebbles has become the dominant one and has the run of the house.

Attached Files:

17. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Nice cats AR.

18. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Sooty

Here is our little precious "Sooty"! A juvenile delinquent in the making! Don't know how we brought up two children!!

1. Sneaked up on the settee and thought that we couldn't see her!!

2. Waiting patiently to go out for a walk

3. The necessary bath after the food processor decided to taste and roll in cow pats

Attached Files:

19. Antipodean Andy

She's gorgeous, CT! What is it about dogs and cow pats?

20. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

She's actually quite eclectic in her tastes - quite happy with sheep and horse droppings and heaven knows what else. The vet said it is like a child experimenting with tastes - I'd be most put out if I were cooking for her!!!