Not long before Xmas

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Four weeks left before Christmas! So have you guys done your shopping, sent Santa your present list, started getting those cards ready for posting, thought about decorating the tree etc etc etc?

I might as well admit that I dislike Christmas and so none of the above apply. I shall be spending it in front of the telly with a bottle of something and lots of nibbles.

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

My daughters ensure Christmas is celebrated.

Christmas time is School Fete time and that is where I will be today. (Selling Hot Dogs)

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

presents bought, cept the lads ones for which i now have no bloody money left.
    Decs will go up about the 15th I think.

4. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I will be spending xmas day with my brother Andy, who trained as a chef when he left the RAF! I collect all my loose change throughout the year and use that to buy the stuff for the dinner!

At work, they are organizing the christmas party, except you have to win tickets to go to the party!

I will also be spending it with a bottle of Appelkorn and Jagermeister!

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

We often debate whether we should put a tree up as we haven't spent the period at home since we met (always in Melbourne). Love Christmas as we spend it with Jodi's parents and three sisters so there's two nephews and a little niece and partners as well so it's a great time.

Have bought a few things for Jodi and had them sent to Melbourne so we travel light. She's done the same for me. Am trying to get her a punching bag (too many bruises) as she's always wanted one but will have to sneak out and buy it at the local sports store as it won't be travelling with us!

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Punching bag? I thought that's what husbands were anyway :peep:

So far I have written to Father Christmas every year, for two decades, for an E-type Jag and a blonde. I've yet to receive either :frusty: So I'm giving up :cry_smile:

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Sigh, model shop and a bottle of beer would settle your desire, Kyt!

8. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Make that a few dozen bottles of beer!

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Who else was thinking Big Brother there? Just me then :>

I wrote a letter to Santa a few months ago, and enclosed £80 for a shiny new MP3 player. He delivered early the little darling. Still won't get it till Christmas day though, And a Sandman graphic novel. I shall be a happy bunny on the day. :D