Mondayitis but it's Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Antipodean Andy, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Bloody long weekends!

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Typical whinging Aussie :becky:

3. Antipodean Andy

You're not even at work yet so just wait...:)

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

It's 2.30 am and I'm currently flicking through some papers as we speak (though these forum distractions are slowing me down a bit!)

5. Antipodean Andy

Hard core, man, hard core.

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Not really - as I said, flicking through papers, not actually reading them. i just like the sound. Anyway, it's 3.31 and I should go to bed. So have fun at work.

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

I never went to bed at all last night and left at 8.00am to sell a bit of stock. Actually feeling a bit jaded so I better get some more invoicing done and get the goods posted.

8. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Here I am sitting at my desk at work. I am expecting another day slaving over a hot PC dealing with lots of customer complaints! No wonder i am looking forward to the weekend!

Oscar wilde was right! "Work is the curse of the drinking classes"!:busted_blue:

9. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Ended up staying awake all night, and now am completely knackered. But am out of coffee and ciggies so have to go to the shops in the pouring rain :cry_smile:

10. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

You'll need more than coffee and ciggies to keep you awake!:becky:

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Nah, being an insomniac it's not the staying awake that's the problem. But after a couple of nights of no sleep, I really start talking gibberish (actually that's no different to when I get the full 8 hours - there, said it before you swine could :Booty: )

I wonder if my insomnia has anything to do with the 15 coffees and 30 fags i consume everyday? :doh:

12. Antipodean Andy

I made it through four coffees before 10 am this morning. Record for me.

13. spidge

spidge Active Member

Must be a popular cafe!

14. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

That might have something to do with all the caffine and nicotine that you have consumed! I would suggest cutting down and you could get a good nights sleep!:becky:

15. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

What?!! Cut back on the two best drugs in the world? No chance - I'd rather stay awake. :mad2:

Spidge, I don't use cafes - the prices in Bristol are waaay too high (an average large coffee is about £2-2.50; but I buy some lovely blends from the coffee stall who grinds them for me). Besides, can't smoke in cafes anymore.

16. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I still have a coffe grinder that I picked up in Germany while on exercise. I prefer grinding my own coffee beans and the flavoured wood gives it a good taste!

Beethoven used like his coffee made with exactly 66 beans! I prefered mine to be that strong, you could stand your spoon up in it!:juggle:

17. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I have an old fashioned hand grinder that's great for show but a real pain to use every day. I get my beans ground by the shop, and that'll keep quite fresh in the fridge for 3 weeks or so. I don't buy more because I like to keep changing the beans every so often.

Unfortunately, I take sugar and that's one reason I'm such a blimp.

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Sooooooooooooo the usual drivel you talk is all based upon nicotine and caffeine eh? What would happen if we really cranked up the sugar content? :>

19. Antipodean Andy

Bloody hell. About that for a jumbo down here. Only a fairly recent coffee drinker myself...started when I was on night shift at the mine in 2003. Good stuff, I was obviously missing out. I will not, however, grow up all the way and drink wine. Evil, horrible stuff!

20. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Me too. Discovered that I couldn't get a cuppa (tea) whilst on a conference in Portugal about 4 1/2 years ago and after a couple of days ended up with a coffee. hated the stuff before but was soon addicted (I think because it was first decent fresh cup I'd ever had). Actually don't like tea now - seems a bit insipid in comparison

Can't stand wine - always tastes of vinegar, no matter the type or quality.