Line book!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by morse1001, Sep 16, 2007.

1. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Does anyone read VIZ? A selection as rude and irreverent as usual!!!!

I just saw a van drive by with the company name 'Seafood Solutions'. I must admit, I didn't know seafood was a problem.

Martin Kristos

It is said that gentlemen prefer blondes. I hope then that lesbians prefer brunettes, otherwise we might have to organise some kind of rota system.

Johnny Pring

I'm beginning to think there may be something in this climate change after all. Four months ago it was very cold and now it's quite warm.

Alan Heath

A woman whose daughter was hospitalised in a US tornado told ITV News that "God would make her better." presumably, that's a different God from the one that almost killed her with a tornado.

M Lovejoy

"She can dish it out, but she cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I'm a school dinner lady and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

Mrs Pinches, Hereford

I heard on the news that the January storms had cost this country a billion pounds. What an utter waste of money. If anything, they did more harm than good.

S Prodnipple, Scarborough

So Princes Harry and William are throwing a party to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their mother's death. I'm glad that they can finally laugh about it, but throwing a party seems a bit harsh.

D Antarctica, Rhyll

I think Sir Paul McCartney should try to put his current predicament into perspective. In olden days, if you were unfortunate enough to be robbed by an omniped, it would almost certainly be a pirate. At least he's going to come out of this alive.

Stella Matlock

What is it with diabetics? One minute they're on the floor with a loved one standing by screaming "Give him some chocolate! Give him some chocolate!" The next day someone offers them a piece of chocolate and quick as a flash they say "No thanks, I'm diabetic." I wish they'd get their story straight.

T Potter

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a bored housewife looking for some action. Eager to please the young lady I sent her my ironing. That should keep her quiet for a while.

Warren

THIS new police knife amnesty is a bloody nightmare. I dutifully handed all my knives in and now I've got nothing to eat my dinner with.

Richard Karslake, Oxfordshire

TO THE zookeeper in 1978 who replied "I'll tell you when you're older" when I asked him why one of the monkeys stuck its tongue up another one's a**e: I'm 36 now and still waiting for that explanation.

Joe McKeown

I'M A terrorist, and when ID cards come into force I will probably employ great cunning and not declare that as my job. I'll probably say I'm a grocer or something.

A Terrorist

WHY DON'T NHS bosses start hiring obsessive compulsives as nurses? Their attention to hygiene and constant hand washing would see an end to MRSA outbreaks in no time.

Stu Bray

'Alton Towers - Where the magic never ends', or so the commercial says. Imagine my disappointment when it closed at 7.30.

Colum Hill

'Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak', sang Thin Lizzy in 1976, 'somewhere in this town'. Well, I'm guessing it's going to be at the prison.

Raymond

1 person likes this.
  2. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

You'd never believe that I have a drink once in a blue moon would you?

The Value of a Drink

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered.

Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~ Jack Handy

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra and panties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

~Frank Sinatra

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

~ Henny Youngman

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

~ Stephen Wright

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all

get drunk and go to heaven!"

~ Brian O'Rourke

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

~ Benjamin Franklin

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a fool.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

~ Dave Barry

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!

Dave Howell

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

And saving the best for last, as explained by Cliff Clavin, of Cheers. One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm.

Here's how it went:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

3. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

You've seen the rapping bird, PM me if you want to look at the gorillas in River Dance! Phil Collins, eat your heart out!!! (too big to upload)

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Yet another day on the Chat forum...
    Only today is different!
    Understand what I'm saying here?

Just reading this post could change your life.
    Usually these posts are rubbish.
    Sometimes, however, something great happens.
    This post is one of those gems.

Leave it to me...
    Only, you must be patient.
    Sacrificing twenty more seconds will pay off.
    This I promise you

There is a gift at the end of this message.
    He who is patient will receive it.
    Everyone can have some, because there is plenty.

Give and take is a wonderful thing.
    And now I am...
    Making you go back to read...
    Every first letter of each line.

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISTURBED
    1. Schizophrenia — Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Multiple Personality Disorder — We Three Kings Disoriented Are

3. Dementia — I Think I’ll be Home for Christmas

4. Narcissistic — Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

5. Manic — Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and
    Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and…..

6. Paranoid — Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

7. Borderline Personality Disorder — Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

8. Personality Disorder — You Better Watch Out, I’m Gonna Cry, I’m Gonna
    Pout, Maybe I’ll Tell You Why

9. Attention Deficit Disorder — Silent night, Holy oooh look at the froggy -
    can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
    Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle
    Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
    Jingle Bells

KYT MADE ME POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

This has had me smiling all day!!!!

Attached Files:

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Jacques Chirac, the French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hallo, Mr. Chirac!" a heavily accented voice says. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Chirac replies, "this is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is myself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Chirac pauses. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be, Paddy?" Chirac asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Chirac sighs, amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armoured personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to
    150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified
    Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Chirac is silent for a minute and then clears his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Chirac! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that," says Chirac. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and decided there is no way we can feed 200,000 prisoners."

8. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

How to marshal fast jets the RAF way.....

RAF Liney

scroll down below the video screen and click on play now for the Hilarious Way to Marshal Jets...

10. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

That was excellent Kitty!

Attached Files:

11. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

After Mr. and Mrs. Fenton retired, Mrs. Fenton insisted her husband accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart.
    Unfortunately, Mr. Fenton was like most men--he found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out.
    Equally unfortunately, Mrs. Fenton was like most women, and loved to browse. One day Mrs. Fenton received the following letter from her local Wal-Mart.

Dear Mrs. Fenton,
    Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot
    tolerate this behavior and may be forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr.
    Fenton are listed below and are documented by our video surveillancecameras.
    1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.
    2 . July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
    3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
    4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, "Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it
    right away."
    5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.
    6. September 14: Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.
    7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them
    in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.
    8. September 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
    9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
    10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
    11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the " Mission Impossible" theme.
    12. December 6: In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look" by using different sizes of funnels.
    13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"
    14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN !"

And last, but not least

15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!"

Regards,

Walmart

12. sniper

sniper Active Member

Thats really funny Morse, had a good laugh with the wife over that one.

Q. Whats the ideal weight for the mother-in-law?

A. About 2.3 kilos including the urn

Sniper :peep:

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm not laughing. Oh no. It wasn't me

14. sniper

sniper Active Member

If you had my mother-in-law you'd be on your back in stitches Kitty.

Sniper :peep:

15. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

A Message to America!

Dear Citizens of America,
    In view of your failure to elect a competent President and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.
    Her Sovereign Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy), as from Monday next.
    Your new prime minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.
    To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
    1. You should look up revocation in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up aluminium, and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.
    2. The letter U will be reinstated in words such as colour, favour and neighbour. Likewise, you will learn to spell doughnut without skipping half the letters, and the suffix ize will be replaced by the suffix ise.
    3. You will learn that the suffix burgh is pronounced burra; you may elect to spell Pittsburgh as Pittsberg if you find you simply cant cope with correct pronunciation.
    4. Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels (look up vocabulary). Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as like and you know is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.
    5. There is no such thing as US English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter u and the elimination of -ize.
    6. You will relearn your original national anthem, God Save The Queen,
    but only after fully carrying out Task #1 (see above).
    7. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday. November 2nd will
    be a new national holiday, but to be celebrated only in England. It will be called Come-Uppance Day.
    8. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that youre not adult enough to be independent. Guns should only be handled by adults. If youre not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then youre not grown up enough to handle a gun.
    9. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.
    10. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and this is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.
    11. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric immediately and without the benefit of conversion tables Both roundabouts and metrification will help you understand the British sense of humour.
    12. The Former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) - roughly $8/US per gallon. Get used to it.
    13. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call french fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with malt vinegar.
    14. Waiters and waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.
    15. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnats Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.
    16. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors as English characters. Watching Andie MacDowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having ones ear removed with a cheese grater.
    17. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough, in time, will be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a
    bunch of Jessies - English slang for Big Girls Blouse).
    18. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable and forgiven.
    19. You must tell us who killed JFK. Its been driving us mad.
    20. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majestys Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due, backdated to 1776.
    Thank you for your co-operation.
    John Cleese

16. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

That's excellent - thanks Morse

17. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I love reading that every time it comes around.

18. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

WHY YELLING AT A MAN DOESN'T WORK

What a woman says:
    This place is a mess! C'mon! You and I need to clean up!
    Your stuff is lying on the floor and you'll have no clothes
    to wear if we don't do laundry right now!

What a man hears:
    blah,blah,blah,blah, C'MON
    blah,blah,blah,blah, YOU AND I
    blah, blah,blah,blah, ON THE FLOOR
    blah,blah,blah,blah, NO CLOTHES
    blah,blah,blah,blah, RIGHT NOW

19. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

One day while he was at the track playing the ponies and all but
    losing his shirt, Mitch noticed a priest who stepped out onto the track
    and blessed the forehead of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.

Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.

Before the next race, as the horses began lining up, Mitch watched with
    interest the old priest step onto the track.
    Sure enough, as the 5th race horses came to the starting gate the
    priest made a blessing on the forehead of one of the horses.

Mitch made a beeline for a betting window and placed a small bet
    on the horse. Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse the
    priest had blessed won the race.

Mitch collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which
    horse the priest would bless for the 6th race. The priest again blessed a
    horse.

Mitch bet big on it, and it won. Mitch was elated. As the races
    continued the priest kept blessing long shot horses, and each one ended
    up coming in first.

Bye and bye, Mitch was pulling in some serious money. By the last
    race, he knew his wildest dreams were going to come true. He made a quick
    dash to the ATM, withdrew all his savings, and awaited the priest's
    blessing that would tell him which horse to bet on.

True to his pattern, the priest stepped onto the track for the
    last race and blessed the forehead of an old nag that was the longest
    shot of the day. Mitch also observed the priest blessing the eyes, ears,
    and hooves of the old nag.

Mitch knew he had a winner and bet every cent he owned on the old nag.
    He then watched dumbfounded as the old nag come in dead last. Mitch, in a
    state of shock, made his way down to the track area where the priest was.

Confronting the old priest he demanded, "Father! What happened?
    All day long you blessed horses and they all won. Then in the last race,
    the horse you blessed lost by a Kentucky mile. Now, thanks to you I've
    lost every cent of my savings - all of it!".

The priest nodded wisely and with sympathy. "Son," he said,
    "that's the problem with you Protestants, you can't tell the difference
    between a simple blessing and last rites."

20. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

A true story From Elliot Nesses book on the Untouchables.

They had a wiretap on a phone in Al Capone's flat and one day, they picked up a message from Al about placing a Ten thousand Dollar bet on a horse in a race.

So, Ness and his men thought about it and did a whip round and raised a total of twenty dollars, well it was the day before payday, and using their police knowledge, they found a bookies.

The horse was not even placed! They then intercepted a call from Capone, ordering the death of both the horse and the jockey!