Its lonely here!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by morse1001, Sep 29, 2007.

1. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

its 2320 British Summer time

I am the only one here. Is there anyother happy teddybears out there?:noidea:

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

No, no-one else here but you

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oh great - I login and you bu**er off - cheers :Booty:

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I'm not here either.

Looks like you suffer what I suffer from when all you Pommy blokes are tucked up in bed and I'm halfway through a Monday morning at work and suffering Mondayitis! Sometimes even Spidge isn't on here and there's only so much I can do to entertain myself.

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

I had a Aussie rules football grand final BBQ at my place yesterday so not much else done.

The team who won, had not won a grand final for 44 years so the partying has begun.

6. Antipodean Andy

Yes, Melbourne must be awash with a sea of blue and white. Good on 'em.

7. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

We have the Rugby World Cup Up here and Scotland beat Italy last night. I must say that i did have a glass or two of Irn bru to celebrate!

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

What chance the Wallabies?

9. Antipodean Andy

What chance anyone who takes on Fiji?!

10. spidge

spidge Active Member

Need to get Melbourne Storm across the line first to make it a good weekend.

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Methinks this could eventually turn into a Hello/Goodbye thread.

I'm here. Dad is here. No-one else is though. Slackers. :>

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I hate BT

Right, I've finally managed to get an internet connection after it died at 2.30ish this morning. I have spent the entire morning arguing with the BT Help (now that's an oxymoron) desk.

Still no broadband, but atleast they now accept that it's not my computer or modem. So until they get themselves sorted out I'm now having to use my old dial-up connection (lucky I'd signed up for a pay-as-you-go backup) running at, wait for it.......................45.2kps :mad2:

Ao if I'm not around it's because I given up in frustration

45.2kps!!!!
    I can't believe people ever managed on that

13. Hugh

Hugh New Member

:poster_oops: I had better not say who I work for then.

Anyway, wondered why my broadband had suddenly gone down to 130kbs from 2.5Meg. did some investigations and my router has just about given up the ghost. Still, I sympathise, dial up speeds are not good, how ever did we manage before.

Regards
    Hugh

14. spidge

spidge Active Member

I have "unlimited" broadband however when it reaches 10GB it is slowed to 50kps? Does not happen very often however it is most frustrating when it does.

15. spidge

spidge Active Member

Makes me think of my first decent computer after my Commodoore 64. 40MG hard drive and 2MG of RAM. Wouldn't even start your computer these days.

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

hmmm, just as well you passed the membership test or I'd ban you :becky:

Spidge, I have a 20Gb monthly limit which is fine for me (but then again I don't have kids wanting to download music etc :) ) but the irony is is that only 2 days ago I received a sales call from BT that they were offering free upgrades with unlimited downloads (which I'm always suspicious of because of their "fair usage" clause) and 8mb download speed (again, all the consumer reprts poo-poo that and suggest that most people are lucky to get half that speed); all for a new 18 month contract. Bog off - it'd be nice if my existing connection worked instead.

17. Hugh

Hugh New Member

There is a lot of confusion around about this 8Mb product.
    It is a best efforts product and it depends on a few factors as to what speed you actually will receive.

The closer you are to the exchange and some other factors will depend on your actual speed. It is a best efforts product and unfortunately folks dont pick up on that - all they see is the 8Mb thingy.

Even if you have say a 7Mb connection things can still be slow as your actual throughput depends on how busy the Internet is as well as other factors such as contention etc.

Regards
    Hugh

18. spidge

spidge Active Member

Old saying:

If it looks too good to be true it probably is!

19. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Yep, you're definately a BT man, Hugh :Booty: boo-hiss :>

Actually my existing 2mb download speed is sufficient for my current needs (and so I read the higher speed reviews with interest but with no desire to change) but I just want it to work today :cry_smile:

The most frustrating thing is that I can only have one window open at the moment as anymore and the connection grinds to a halt (and I'm the type who normally has between 4 and 10 windows open at any given time).

Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive until it gets sorted.

20. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I wish I could help...it's frustrating...you cant get the staff these days :peep:

Regards