Have we met?

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Nostalgair, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Hi All,

I've had the pleasure of meeting Antipodean Andy in my travels before he shifted eastward.

I was wondering if anyone else from the forum has ever 'met up'.

Cheers

Owen

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Geoff and I first met at Morrabbin Aviation Museum and then caught up in Perth just before we moved east.

The pleasure was all mine, Owen.

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Pleasure of meeting Antipodean Andy? Now there's an oxymoron!!

Afraid I've not had the pleasure - or maybe people have seen me and ran away screaming before I noticed them

4. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Kyt and Andy. Now that would be a meeting!

If Kenneth's Hurricane flies next year, perhaps a meet-up in the UK could occur??

Cheers

Owen

5. Antipodean Andy

I can only wish, Owen. We're thinking about a trip next year and are both keen on the west coast of Scotland but it'll probably be July/August if it comes off. Jodi is a bit suspicious I'm trying to time it with something (as if I would :becky:) as I had suggested Normandy after the timing above. My reply was that if I was trying to line something up we'd be at Normandy on June 6!

6. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

ulterior motive (plural ulterior motives)

An alternative or extrinsic reason for doing something, especially when concealed or when differing from the stated or apparent reason.

:becky:

7. Antipodean Andy

...which all becomes incredibly obvious eventually!

8. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi Owen
    Sniper (Mike) and I met up in October 2007.

He was charming and it was really nice to put a face to a "virtual friend".

I have never collected things and have looked in awe at the photos posted from your various collections. I was very touched when Mike gave me a cap badge from my Dad's regiment. It is with all of the other little treasures of my life (pressed flower from my wedding bouquet, each child's first tooth, lock of their hair etc.)... guess I have unwittingly got a collection ....who would like to see a photo of my son's first tooth?

If we win the lottery it'll be open invitations to you all to the huge party in the new mansion ..... in the meantime I'll make do with open invitations to virtual breakfasts!!!

9. Antipodean Andy

Virtual eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans and hash browns please, Nana! I'll be over in a virtual sec...virtually.

When you win the lottery, please buy somewhere big enough for hangars and a strip...:becky:...we'll need an air ambulance to take Kyt home after he gets plastered on your whisky/whiskey collection.

10. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

No mushrooms??

In England??????

You've been peeking ... how did you know we have a whisky collection?

11. Antipodean Andy

Nah, not overly keen on mushrooms. Prefer them over cooked tomatoes but something has to go so I get baked beans.

Sometimes your typing gives away the fact you have a whisky collection. :lol: If you'd won lotto, you'd bound to have such a thing!

12. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I wasn't fond of them either until a friend cooked them for me by blanching them quickly and then tossing them in garlic butter mmmmmm.

Dntttt know twas that obbbvious!!! (Champagne is my thing!!)

13. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

English ... Irish breakfasts ... who cares as long as it's generous in protein !! :clapping:

Image:Full English Breakfast.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Traditional Irish Breakfast

Nana .... just tell us in plenty of time ... before all the Airlines are all taken over by one company and nobody will be able to get anywhere !! :noidea:

14. Antipodean Andy

But won't Nana send her own jets to get us?

15. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Stupid me :doh: .... of course !!!!!!!!!!

But I think we'll have to BYOB !!!!!

16. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Can I bring a six pack instead? Prefereably the one attached to Hugh Jackman but thats another story.

Not met any of the eejits, oops sorry wonderful people who frequent this forum. Yet. :>

17. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

BYOB? Booze or beds? No matter we'll have loads of both!

Private jets and chauffeurs on us too!

18. Antipodean Andy

Sholdn't think we have to bring anything...;-)

Have you seen Australia then, Kitty? It's actually quite an enjoyable film. A few cringeworthy things here and there but, all in all, a nice story and well done.

Have done some stand-in work for Hugh Jackman in my time.

19. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

...as "The Boy From OZ".

20. Antipodean Andy

I am known for my marracas.