Happy Birthday AndyOz

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I thank you sir. You are of course quite correct and I will drink to that! :)

Regards

2. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Yes, Kitty you did indeed lose. If your team had won we would never have heard the end of it. You obviously appreciate and understand that. :cry_smile:

Better keep my head down.....INCOMING! :)

Regards

3. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Surely you mean that we would have handled it with our normal good grace and sportsmanlike manner?

Isn't it refreshing though to watch a sport where they don't need a nurse whenever they fall over and where the referee is still respected (well at least obeyed!). I congratulate the team effort and think they performed a minor miracle to get to the final. (Was that further than the other home teams - I think so!!!!)

AND THEN Louis Hamilton!! So close!!!! Hope he really shows them next year. Brilliant debut season.

Best wishes regardless of the team you support
    CTNana

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

So close but hopefully he's learnt a valuable lesson.

Having said that he may still get the championship with latest controversy about Raikkonen's fuel. I hope it doesn't descend into a farce. This has been first decent, interesting, even exciting F1 season we've had for years.

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Hi Kyt
    Who determines the tyre / stop strategy? He was obviously over-anxious which led to his most faltering start yet. I just didn't understand why they compounded the initial problems by bringing him in again.

Won't it be dreadful for the other guy (can't spell his name) if the title slips away from him?

I'll definitely be looking forward to next season with a bit more enthusiasm.

Best wishes
    CTNana
    p.s. You don't suppose that the South Africans were given iced drinks during the match too, do you?

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

CTNana

I once made the mistake of asking the exact same question in a pub - and the reply I received took an hour of my life that I shall never get back :becky: To save you from that fate, I shall paraphrase - it's the engineers, and computer programs more complex than the ones used for the moon landings!

But it seems that the team thought he'd get an extra burst of power from the very soft tyres (which didn't seem to work) - he had to go in anyway because his slid woud have caused irregular wear and car shake. But I still don't understand why he decided to push so hard so early.

The BBC seems to be hinting that the driver points may stay the same but the constructors may have their points docked. There's been a lot of that this season.

SA? Cold drinks? Either that or the English team didn't get their cup of tea and slice of battenburg during half time :becky:

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Teams escape punishment over fuel

Kimi Raikkonen has been confirmed as world champion following an inquiry into the cars of BMW Sauber and Williams at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Race stewards investigated alleged irregularites with the cars' fuel, but decided to impose no penalty.

Williams's Nico Rosberg was fourth, ahead of the two BMW Sauber cars.

Had they been disqualified, McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton would have been promoted to fourth, giving him enough points to become world champion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Thanks Hugh, enjoyed an Irish Whiskey with ya!