Fancy a Missile Base?

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titan-Missile-B...oryZ1607QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Former Larsen Air Force Base Complex 1A Titan ICBM Facility Located Central Washington between Moses Lake and Ritzville

Ten Minutes to Interstate 90 11/2 hours West of Spokane 57 acres more or less

16 UNDERGROUND buildings including

3 - 160' Tall Missile Silo
    3 - (4 story) Equipment Terminal Bldgs
    2 - Antenna Silos
    100' Diameter Control Dome Bldg.
    125' Diameter Power Dome Bldg.

TERMS: $300,000 down balance @ 7% interest only all due in 3 years

SERIOUS PARTIES ONLY - NO TOURS!!

$10,000 escrowed earnest money required - contingent upon inspection.

The facility is also available for lease all or part for up to 30 years with options to renew. Flexible terms.

This property will be re-listed until sold, leased or a joint venture deal signed.

For information:
    www.themissilebase.com

Recent Questions and Answers:
    coordinates: http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband/#lon=-118.823125&lat=47.188386&mag=3

Q. How many acres are in this sale and what are the dimensions. Is a survey available?
    A. There are approx. 57 acres. It is approx. 1720' by 1520' MINUS a pie shape slice on the SW corner measuring 360' by 960'. We have an almost complete set of original blueprints including actual "as built" maps showing exactly where everything is on the parcel.

Sirs:
    I am interested in the recent auction that you have listed on Ebay & Missile Base. The property is listed as "The Former Larsen Air Force Base Complex 1A Titan ICBM Facility" & seems adequate for my needs, but the details on the underground facilities and tunnels are too sketchy to make any plans. The property will be for personal use as a private residence and air strip. Based on the details you have provided so far I can assume that the underground facility is usable but requires complete retrofitting to house a private residence. I am not asking for a detailed workout of the entire facility, but just for a general layout of the levels as to where any current plumbing, electrical & sewage access is. I also would like to request a work-up on financial proceedings containing total cost, three year balloon, interest and any other helpful information that I might need to consider. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hopefully doing business with you.

First - Thank you for your interest.
    Second - where do I begin.....

If you are only interested in using the place as a residence then you have your choice of 16 buildings to choose from. The Power Dome alone is 125' in diameter with about a 65' center ceiling. That's more than 12,000 square feet of open space. You could literally build any type of typical house INSIDE the Power Dome - if that was what you wanted to do. OR You could remodel all or part of the Control Dome, which itself is a 100' diameter two story dome containing over 7800 square feet in the first floor alone. OR you could decide to live in one of the THREE, four story equipment terminal buildings that contain about 1200 square feet of floor space on EACH floor!! OR you could build an apartment in the AIR INTAKE BUILDING, which OVERLOOKS the Power Dome so you could have an UNDERGROUND APARTMENT WITH A VIEW!! The Air Intake Building is 60' in diameter with about a 20' high ceiling!! That works out to about 2800 square feet of living space. OR you could choose to live in one or BOTH of the Antenna SILOS - They are 30' in diameter with about a 40' ceiling ON THE FIRST FLOOR! The lower level is also 30' in diameter with about a 20' ceiling. ADDITIONALLY, if you chose to live in one or both of the Antenna Silos, you could retrofit the ANTENNA SILO - SILO DOORS - each weighing about 50 tons - with a new hydraulic opening system and then you could have your own push button 100-ton opening skylight. And if you really wanted to go whole hog, you could live in the bottom of one of the 155’ tall MISSILE SILOS and retrofit the 150 ton SILO DOORS so you could push a button and open them up – 155’ above the floor!!

The crazy thing about all of this is that THIS IS ALL ABSOLUTELY POSIBLE!!! I am NOT making any of this up!! The only limit is your budget AND imagination!

The best place for info on a Titan missile base is from SILOMAN at siloworld.com

At http://www.siloworld.com/ICBM/TITAN/T1/SITE1.HTM and at http://www.siloworld.com/ICBM/TITAN/T1/DIAGRAM3.HTM and

http://www.siloworld.com/ICBM/TITAN/T1/sideview1.htm you can see various diagrams and layouts.

Think of the place like an underground shopping mall only tunnels instead of a big open hallway connect the various “stores”.

The place was all fitted out to operate as a NUCLEAR MISSILE BASE with THREE 100’ Titan rockets SET UP UNDERGROUND ready to fire at any time. It has never been set up to be a house or anything else. There are literally tens of thousands of feet of useable space available. None of the original electrical or water or septic systems is useable. They have all been removed and would not have been cost effective to use anyway. There is a new modern septic system above ground for the existing manufactured home. This could be used or you could design and build a different system based on whatever need you may have.
    Q: In your description you listed a possibility of leasing, what would the terms of the lease be? I do have some interest in it as a resort / amusement type facility but before purchasing it I would be like to lease it for a couple months to calculate the feasibility and different options, as well as create a business plan so I could get funding to turn it into an amusement park/resort. Thanks for your time N.

We are very interested in a resort type development. With a long-term lease we would be willing to give lease credit for (help subsidize) capital improvements made to the property.

For example, if you invested $5,000,000 or more we would credit up to 90% of the lease payment for up to ten years. If the lease payment were $10,000 per month your actual cash lease payment would only be $1,000 a savings of $9,000 per month, which is $108,000 per year. Over the ten-year subsidy you would save $1,080,000.

Bari Hotchkiss

I was looking at siloman.com. Wondered how badly the missle base at Larson AFB that you are adveritzing has been vandalized? Is the electrical system at all intact? Power for lighting etc., I have several contacts that may be interested in a property or project like this. First question will probably be how much money to restore it to a usable state. How many square feet of usable floorspace are in this faculity? Is theer a functional sewer and water system? And of what capacity?
    Thank you,
    Chris

Chris - Thanks for your interest.

Vandalism consists of spray paint, which is easily removed or painted over.

Every single one of the old missile bases has been scrapped out. None of them have useable electrical or sewer systems etc. Most all of them have major water problems - either completely filled with water or giant heaps of rust. Ours is one of the rare ones, and the only useable TITAN that I know of that is DRY!

There is about 45,000 square feet of useable floor space, not including the tunnels, in the sixteen underground buildings. About half of this space has ceiling heights of about 8 - 10 feet. The rest have ceiling heights of about 20' and 40' and the power dome - 65'. The THREE missile silos have 155' ceiling heights (with the rocket holding structure removed from two of them).

We have a newer well and private water system to the above ground homes and drip irrigation system. It has not been connected to the underground yet.

Cost to restore to "useable state" depends on what type of use and what ones budget is.

If you want to use the ENTIRE underground I would guess you would need several millions of dollars to remodel it all into some new use. If you only need one or a couple of the buildings to begin with, several hundred thousand dollars might do it. Again, it would depend on the final use.

I have a few questions for you:
    Are there any residential facillites, kitchens, etc ?
    Is the facillity self contained? Sewage treatment etc?
    What sort of restrictions are there? Can you reside there? Have a business?
    What does it take to view the property? A deposit?
    Are you open to offers? Can you dismantle all or part? Thankyou for your response.

All 1950's vintage equipment was removed 40 years ago. The buldings are mostly empty and will need to be remodeled (somewhat) for a new use. Two of the missile silos still have about 90 feet of rocket holding structure in them. The third has been emptied all the way to the bottom (155' open ceiling height). Sewage treatment for the facility will have to be designed and installed for whatever new use the place is used for. The zoning is commercial/ industrial with few restrictions. There are currently two manufactured homes above ground. If you wanted to live below ground - that would be your choice. I am open to reasonable offers. There is not much to dismantle, considering the size of the complex.
    The most comprehensive site for information on a Titan 1 complex is at siloworld.com. You need to do all your research first and be sure you really want the place then put an offer in with a $10,000 earnest money deposit into escrow -contigent on inspection. If accepted I will then make arrangements to open the place up for a showing. If you are interested in leasing or a joint venture please call me to discuss your plans. Thank you, Bari Hotchkiss

Hi. Has this station been fully declassified? when was it decommissioned? is any equipment left on property? What type of a joint venture might you be looking for? is there an easy access to underground or only military type? vehicle access underground? how about utilities: water, gas, electricity? Is it too far from all civilization to make a unique restaurant/tour ground with a hotel facility built nearby? Can something be built on that land? thanx

Yes, and was decommissioned in the mid-1960's. Most all of the 1950's vintage equipment was removed when decommissioned.

Joint Venture (Preferred)- something neat - not like raising mushrooms.

Can be easy access. Current stairs. Big cargo elevator to surface could be retrofitted. Could make driveup access to a section of tunnel. Water (private well) and electric on site. Gas-only trucked in propane for gas - no pipelines around.

I think it would make a really neat resort/camp/retreat facility. Located about 1/2 hour from Moses Lake, Washington - a few minutes off I-90. About 1.5 hours to Spokane. About 4-5 hours to Seattle area.

Property currently zoned commercial/industrial. Can build pretty much what you want.

I have a few questions that I need to have answered and hoping that you have them, I wanted to know if there are elevators that work or stairs, I all so wondered about If some of the computers are operational like to operate the atenas,can it be lived in and are there restrictions on what you can do with the place. I want to turn it into a unique spa place, I wondered if the taxes would be pro rated

Mike - Thanks for your interest.

The 1950's vintage elevators were removed forty years ago. They could be retrofitted with new equipment. There are stairs that lead down to the tunnel level approx. five stories below ground. Almost all of the 1950's vintage equipment (and most everything else) was removed forty years ago. There are no computers. Pretty much just the main buildings (stripped) and the connecting tunnels. Living underground would be a personal choice. The property is zoned commercial/industrial with few restrictions.

I have always thought a Spa/retreat/camp/resort would work well. Taxes would be prorated. We would also be willing to joint venture to help develop the place or to do a long term lease with options to renew(start with a smaller portion of the facility and expand as needed).

This is a fantastic property in a neat location and we want it to be something special as such we are very willing to help see that this happens.

I was wondering if you had any pictures of the interior of this property.
    thank you

Sorry, not for public display. There is great value in the "unknown - what's down there". Curiosity seekers are willing to pay for tours to see "what's down there".

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Do you think they'd accept my soul?

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

That'd be OK for the deposit :becky:

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Aww crap! That means Ive gotta raid the piggy bank!

5. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I'll give them a cheque so long as they do not cash it!

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

could lease it for 30 years instead - and then lease it out again (maybe for burial of nuclear waste- good money in that)

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Where's my white cat? I need to stroke it maniacally...

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

You know, i read that wrong for a moment then :>

9. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

^^ me too!

10. Antipodean Andy

:evil: Mwahahahaha.

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Teehee & Snigger :>

12. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

What a load of dirty minded posters we have on this thread!

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

have we? Why what did you read it as?

14. Antipodean Andy

Pretty mystified myself. Looks like Morse might be the dirty mind here...

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

completely over my head.