Anyone want to try their hand at an interview?

Discussion in 'Veterans' Histories/Stories' started by Antipodean Andy, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I was speaking to Sapper over on the dark side (got a PM so had to visit and then I found a Swordfish post so had to read it hence the whole point of this post...rambling).

Anyhoo, he mentioned he had a mate who used to be a Swordfish pilot and has some interesting memories/stories. I asked Sapper if, since his friend isn't good with 'puters, whether it'd be worth arranging some sort of recorded interview. Here's what he replied with:

Hi Andy.
    His name is Denis. sadly he has Parkinsons disease and is very frail. We meet several times a week for coffee and a chat. He lost his wife recently.

I am afraid that he would be difficult to understand. He is a very friendly man and should anyone visit locally, then they could have a talk. But recording? We have been great friends for a long time. Now I have to strain to make out what he is saying.
    But if anyone wants to try I am sure he would be willing.
    Very best wishes.
    Sapper
    Brian

I know this might be a very hard thing to do but does anyone here have the time to attempt this or know someone who can? We are losing these guys way too fast and, in many cases, we've left it too late to try to record their stories. Surely this would be worth a try?

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Afraid it's not in my neck of the woods. It maybe worth mentioning to Sapper that someone from the local Legion could do an interview, and contact the IWM - they are usually up for doing interviews of veterans.

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Thanks Kyt, will do.