You can't make this stuff up!!

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by preacherbob50, Oct 4, 2014.

1. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 Active Member

Here is yet another reason to love this forum!
    It seems that most folks in this group like to really crack the books and go to the ends of the earth to get to the truth. It's just one of the reasons I like it here. So, what's the issue?
    My wife is a discussion group nut. Sometimes she discusses a subject with me to sort of get my take on things. This morning my wife showed me a bit of history I did not know, and now I am so glad to be confronted with the truth about 9/11. I am only going to paraphrase and I can't release a name and don't try to figure out who because they're not here....yet.
    It seems that 9/11 was indeed a terrible thing in which thousands of soldiers were left by the terrorists to lay and bleed to death! Now you too know what really happened! I do agree with the " historians" post though, that I too hope this Never happens in the United States again.
    Kind of like the gal on U-tube who apparently had two or three accidents at deer crossings, so she complained to a guy on the radio about it. She contended that if they would move the signs to a slower and safer place, the deer would cross there instead of where she's been slamming into them.
    Yes, I know the deer thing might not be a military topic but I just had fold that in for kicks.
    Anyone else have some other "Conflict history," we should all get our note pads out for?

2. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Active Member

Much better would be to install lights like the ones at pedestrian crosswalks, so the deer could cross with safety. I think Tennessee now encourages drivers who kill deer to take them home and eat them. I have done that. Of course, they now have drivers swerving to be sure to hit the deer.

3. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Thank God .... .
    The Greenpeace activists have not read these ... Probably they don't like military forums!

4. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 Active Member

True to both of you. What I was more concerned about, and maybe doing a little fishing for, someone who might come on board agreeing with either one of our two deep thinkers.
    We were listening to a radio show yesterday and they were asking folks on the street what the two main political parties in the U.S. were. One "well informed," lady thought about it and managed to squeak out....O'Bama?
    To quote a master of philosophy of yore, " Here's your sign!"