Who is your favorite leader of the US?

Discussion in 'Revolutionary War' started by 2times, May 30, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Active Member

You "assume I have access to the Internet" ? :( And you don't view that as an arrogant sarcastic cut against someone else?

And yesterday you called me a fool for my beliefs that I have never felt timid about sharing with others on this forum until now. And you don't view that as pure meanness?

I'm done feeding the trolls. I'm not sure if you're like this to everyone or if you have a problem with women, but you don't "fight fair" and I can't deal with you right now.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 Active Member

Anthro Who? Don't know the dude. Just to look at the word, morph is to change. See, I does spoke English. Latin, some Spanish, Cajun and Creole French (l dialect of each) Biblical Greek, and a bunch of German. I just couldn't find anthropomorphic in any one of the dictionaries.
    I am always in a "learning," pattern and very little escapes me, especially if I do find myself lacking.
    Part of what you have to offer, Tom, as fact is indeed a compilation of somebody elses facts. Now, if you told me that you were a dedicated climatologist with a "piled higher and deeper" (phd) I would sit with you for days on end and examine all of your answers to the questions I have. But, alas, even then it would not matter to me which side of the climate debate you were on, I, though honoring your studies would still find your direct opposite and sit with him also. The problem I have is hypocracy. In my deepest imaginations you probably drive an electric car whose batteries are charged using solar power while living in a home made of used rubber tires (you'll have to look it up on U-tube if you don't have one) also totally dependent and solar and wind power. That would make you an almost perfect "green person" and even if you did not have all of the above I would still have a lot of honor for you if you were at least TRYING to go green per your oun beliefs. Whereas Mr. Gore does none of these (original subject) and matter of factly does exactly the opposite of what he preaches while still making a bundle lecturing and preaching Global Warming.
    No artillery? Me neither, not even a gun. Can't have one. I had a dream one night that I shot my x-wife and the next morning my 38 was sitting on the night stand cocked and with the safety off. Best I don't have one. Uh, no that's not why she's my x. Have a good one Tom.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Active Member

I called global warming deniers "flat Earthers", and you have stated that you have accepted the concept of global warming. You seemed to be unaware of the meaning of the term, so I suggested that you Google the term. Of course I was being sarcastic, but get over it, that's not mean spirited. I have known many intelligent women who are capable of sound reasoning. If I didn't have hope that you might be one of those I wouldn't waste my valuable time trying to get you to reason.

4. thomas pendrake

The word was "anthropogenic", which means caused by people. I ride a bicycle these days. At least Gore has helped bring the topic back into public debate. Did you hear on the news today about the walruses having to find land to rest on since so much of the ice-pack has melted? And that despite the fact that we are in a solar minimum, which should at mean growing ice packs.

5. preacherbob50

Too confused. You wrote morphic before, now it's genic. I heard a group of scientists last month speak about both caps. They all agreed that the polar caps " take turns" so to speak. They can both be neither cold nor warm (as polar areas go) at the same time. When one melts the other has a huge freeze and vice versa. This was confirmed (in my mind) by a scientist (climatologist) who also has a vacation resort in Antartica. When it's frozen over during the summer time, all 2 weeks or something like that, the polar region is melting. When the polar region was freezing over in the summer period, he had vacationers during that same period.
    Either way, Al Gore or no, I was a take care of the earth guy long before he came into the lime light. So were most Americans who opened their eyes back in the 70's. I think that great philosopher and all around nice guy, " John Denver," had much to do with it. But, it was a fuel burning, smoke belching carbon footprint flying machine that got him in the end.
    The topic had something to do about great leaders. Okay, you take Al Gore and I'll even throw in John Kerry and O'Bama. I'll just take the California gal on u-tube who advocated going to the grocery store to buy meat and groceries instead of people killing cows, chickens and other animals to eat. Everyone knows she's a twit, but I'll bet there's not a bit of hypocracy in her.

thomas pendrake likes this.
  6. thomas pendrake

Of course each pole has a summer and a winter, I learned that as a very young child. The problem is the yearly average. Both the North and the South polar ice-packs and mountain glaciers world-wide are undergoing rapid average shrinkage. Some have even vanished. This has been well documented for decades. The walruses in question have never been recorded needing to rest where they are now. A random cold snap somewhere does not matter ( unless you are in the middle of it!) One thing for sure is that Al helped make a big issue out of it. And, don't forget that I mentioned Mother Jones (Not the magazine named in her honor, which is well worth reading).

7. Peninha

Peninha Member

I understand it's not a news show, but at the same time some facts are exposed and we do understand something about the US reality.

8. Peninha

Peninha Member

In fact, my knowledge of American politics is indeed limited, so I assumed that most people that don't like Obama are republicans? :D

9. Kate

Kate Active Member

That would be an incorrect assumption... well, maybe technically but that's because Democrats who see the bad choices he's making are intimidated and many (not all, fortunately) are choosing to remain quiet and hope to keep their jobs in 2016.

Bad choices... okay, you're wondering what I mean. I don't even mean the fact that my and nearly everyone's health insurance costs rose by 25 or 30% for his "affordable care" fiasco... nope, not talking about that or any other of those mistakes from the past that are now biting American tushies big time.

I'm talking about the "bad choice" and mistake recently. No kidding, @Peninha , the man HUGGED and touched the workers who nursed the Ebola patient in Texas. Without a hazmat suit. Without any precaution... I mean... well I don't even know what to say about that.

But anyhow, I guess it's fair to assume many people who don't like the current administration are Republican, just like Democrats didn't like Bush or Reagan... but there are more and more not liking this admin from both sides of the aisle.

This will confuse ya now that you played the game to guess my political leanings. I miss the way we were under Clinton. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying that, but 100% true. That's how bad it is here.

10. preacherbob50

Slick Willie, the first black president, wasn't anywhere near as bad as O'Bama. If you look at a lot of the dems that are running for office and their choices for endorsements, O'Bama has been left off of their dance cards. It looks like even queen Hillary is staying away from his camp.

11. Kate

Kate Active Member

Yes, I've noticed this. I know there were things that people got up in arms about over the Clinton administration, too, but... let's just say it was quite the shocker when it hit me some time ago that yes, I actually *do* miss even the Clinton days when compared to how things are now. Eye-opening for sure.

At least back then school children weren't worrying about whether ISIS or Ebola would get them first. :(

12. Peninha

Peninha Member

How bad it is there just keep in mind that there are other countries far worse, we still live in "civilized" countries even if politicians are just actors that play a role for polls like that Ebola case you mention with Obama, that gained him a few votes I assume.

13. Kate

Kate Active Member

I don't understand what you mean, @Peninha ... doing something so incredibly dangerous and unthinking *lost* some of the few votes he had left! Are they reporting something different in your country? Maybe Jon Stewart has his own version of the truth again? :rolleyes:

Hehe Okay, just kidding, don't throw things! But really, doing something that even his greatest supporters have called stupid really isn't getting the man new votes.

14. preacherbob50

One thing I have to appologize (at least for now)for Peninha. I have a tendency to post something, not really thinking about some of the other folks in other countries. I know that the U.K., Canada, and the Ausies just to name 3, are reading and writing too. But, while I do know that, I sometimes write as though only Americans are reading and thus understand whether or not what is written is reality or bogus. I shall again change my style of writing to give clarity to all.

That being said, one thing does have to be cleared up. There are some Americans who love the conspiracy theorys. I.E. 9/11 was an inside deal and the orders came directly from D.C. to blow up the towers. Or, the Katrina disaster was made even worse by G. Bush for political purposes. Or, we went into Iraq just for the oil. To even think that O'Bama has anything to do with Ebola so maybe he could create a panic large enough to declare martial law is just another example. I really hope other people in other countries such as yourself do not take most of this stuff seriously.
    Beyond that, yes, even I as an American believe that O'Bama just wanted the office of the presidency so he could travel the world and improve his handicap in golf. He has succeeded in doing that extremely well.

15. Peninha

Peninha Member

We had a politician that was swimming in the most polluted river in our country just to prove a point, so I guess Obama was pretty sure that it was safe before doing it, I don't believe he would risk his life? :p

16. Kate

Kate Active Member

:) He's really not that noble, Peninha... he was hugging on the healthcare workers in Texas *BEFORE* it was known they had picked it up. So no, it wasn't a matter of making a decision that it was safe, no one KNEW they were carrying the disease or he wouldn't have gotten within a hundred feet. (And shouldn't have, of course... knowing and still doing it would have been even more foolish.)

There wasn't enough known about spreading it at the time to think "oh well, I'll expose myself to prove it's safe" (when it wasn't safe!) before that was a known fact wasn't a very wise choice on the part of... well, whoever plans those things for him.

17. Peninha

Peninha Member

Haha, he never knew lol, even so it could have been a good marketing campaign, politicians do that all the time.

18. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Washington was badass and represents what I think should be a good leader and president. I also like him because my state is named after him.

19. Peninha

Peninha Member

No problem preacher, I try to understand what I can. :) I have noticed that there are a lot of conspiracies, but in fact I have a hard time believe that the US government could have conspired to cause the 9.11...

20. Kate

Kate Active Member

That's one of the silliest I've heard, yes, @Peninha . Would you believe... I kid you not... that some people actually believe that the world is ROUND. Imagine!

But seriously yeah, as soon as something happens, the theories start, often to see just how far they can go. Much easier now with social media. I've heard that no one ever landed on the moon. I've heard that Amelia Earhart is on an island with JFK and Elvis. Sometimes the theory-weaver adds Jimmy Hoffa. I think those people need to find a more constructive use of their time, eh?