what do all this mean?

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by MIGKY, Apr 19, 2010.

1. MIGKY

MIGKY New Member

Can any one please explain what all these abbreviations mean? Taken from a WW1 medal card.
    Migky ;)

[​IMG]

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Officer In Charge of Mechanised? & TC Reconnaisance presents? British War Victory Medal CRV. 191/B is a reference numbers followed by the date of issue. The final bit seems to end in the service number, but I have no idea what the NW/1/ is for. The very bottom line seems to be references to others papers?

This is thanks to Sniper, who will probably get back to this once his memory trawls up the rest of it.

3. MIGKY

MIGKY New Member

Thanks for such a quick reply Kitty. I take it from the question marks, that you are unsure of your answers, am i correct.
    Like you said, maybe others might know more?
    Thanks again for your time.
    Migky

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

the question marks are to words i am unsure about. its the TC thats driving us nuts right now as we both recognise it but cannot place it.

5. MIGKY

MIGKY New Member

Oh! ok thanks

6. Hill 40

Hill 40 New Member

Try 'Officer in Charge of Mechanised and Tank Corps Records returns....etc'

Its for the issue,re-issue or return of a BWM/Victory medal pair, reasons behind which will be found in the files that have been referenced. If a return, likely causes will be an inscription error or a duplicate issue.

7. MIGKY

MIGKY New Member

Thanks Fritz
    Migky