Wartime - The Australian War Memorial's official magazine

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Antipodean Andy, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I get a regular email update from the AWM about what's on exhibition wise etc (even though I've never been there...yet). I;ve seen regular mention of Wartime and not given it much thought until today when I saw the latest issue in the newsagent's with a Lanc on the cover. Had a quick flick through and there's WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and peacekeeping stuff so it looks a good read. There's sufficient WWII stuff in there to keep me excited but the other periods will be interesting as well.

Anyone else come across Wartime?

Kyt, I noticed this as listed in the last issue (38). Interesting.
    Heroic sacrifice
    The 14th Sikhs attracted tributes for their valour and discipline from across the British Empire. By Nigel Steel

http://www.awm.gov.au/wartime/39/index.asp

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Cheers Andy. I came across the mention of the magazine once before but quickly forgot it. I noticed a number of great sounding articles in the back issues, and there are a few "freebie" articles, like this one:

New Guinea Offensive
    Issue 23

A couple of back issues have a some very interesting sounding articles - IIssue 11 & Issue 19.

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Journal of the Australian War Memorial is another publication that is worth a look - all the articles are online. Some very interesting ones, even the ones on WW1 (which is an area that I'm not normally interested in).