Want to join?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kitty, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Hello to all potential new members.

Over the past few months I have been moderating many new members, but I see very few you on the board, and I think I know why this is.

When you join this site, you go into what can be termed a holding area. This is where we as moderators and admin can check you out. We can do your oil pressure and water levels, check your teeth are good then sign you off. Once we do this you are a fully working member of this forum.

HOWEVER....

There is one thing we need YOU to do before you can post as a member. We activate your membership, but the last critical stage is down to you. We need you to go to the email account you registered with us. In there somewhere is an email from this site with a link you need to click on to activate your account so you can post. Now this email will usually go to your main inbox, but we cannot guarantee that. So up to 7 days after you have joined us please checked your inbox and Spam folder for that activation email.

We as mods do our best to make sure all members are activated within 7 days of joining, however some times some of your rejoining requests don't get passed to us by the system for a couple of days, then life can get in the way too so it can, on the rare occasion last a bit longer than 7 days.

So join, then keep checking your email for the activation link so you can then start posting with us and share your knowledge and enthusiasm.

We look forward to seeing you on the boards soon. :hug:

2. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

We can remove this part if you want to make it easier for folk? It's probably a not so important part of the sign up process. As long as we check it out in the admin area it should be fine. The odd one that does slip through can easily be exterminated :)

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Am opening this thread for the forum users to discuss.

what do you guys think? Remove the activation link email or not?

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

I think it may be a good idea and as Lee says, we can filter them later.

Cheers

Geoff

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

cool by me, go for it Lee.

6. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Done :) ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.