V-1 Chase

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Gage, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Gage

Gage New Member

I found this and scanned it in and thought you would like to see it. A remarkable picture of a Tempest chasing a V-1

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I love those shots, am sure i have one somewhere of a Spit chasing down a V1. Fantastic

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

4. Drew5233

Drew5233 New Member

Hey up Gage,

I got all 3 Vols of the Blitz yesterday and I had a quick sneek peek and there's some nice pic's in there ref the V-1. I like the shots of the Spitfire tipping the V-1's wing.

Regards
    Andy

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I've seen footage of V-1s exploding after being shotup from behind but now I can't find the clips on youtube.

And Andy, those three volumes are fantastic for pictures all around. Well worth the investment.

6. Gage

Gage New Member

Thanks Kyt, I'll check that out for sure.

Hello Young man, don't I know you?

The books are fantastic, Andy. Make sure you get the Battle of Britain one as well.

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

And the new Battle for France - superb.

8. Gage

Gage New Member

Another V-1 photo taken a member of the public and then hidden away as it was illegal.

9. Gage

Gage New Member

I wondered if the France one would be up to the same standard?

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

It is Gage. In fact it is probably better than the BoB because of access to more up-to-date material and research. Though BoB is now in its 5th edition, some of the material and research is still a bit dated.

And Cornwell is a member of TOCH, and there are a number of threads querying certain details, captions etc, so one can keep abreast with any changes.

11. Gage

Gage New Member

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Nice one. Brian's both a great writer and a really nice chap. You read any of his other books?

13. Drew5233

Drew5233 New Member

Without going off topic I've got them all now (The worth while ones in my opinion) apart from Over France and Battle of Britain.

Anyway Back to V1's :D

14. Gage

Gage New Member

The only other book I have of his is 'Twelve Days of May'. Which I haven't read for a very long time.

15. Gage

Gage New Member

I got ATBs 'Battle of Bulge' but I've never really read it. I bought it when I had money to spare as I was going to get them all.

16. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

The Tempest and the V1 pic is one of the iconic pics of the war, IMHO.

17. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Great pic.

18. Gage

Gage New Member

Coming down to earth.

19. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

20. Kyt

Kyt Άρης