The worst inventions of ww2.

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by war hawk, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

2. Heidi

Heidi New Member

3. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

It was never used in the war from what I know.But it wouldn't have helped the axis hardly at all.

4. Canberra Man

Canberra Man New Member

Me 163

The Me 163 was used during the war, it was faster that our fighters and could climb faster, it was capable of 600mph. for a while it played havoc with the American formations. It was dangerous to the pilot when landing if there was any A stoff and C stoff left in the tanks, it would blow up on landing.

Ken

5. Heidi

Heidi New Member

There was another problem eith the M 163.

The German pilots could not out turn the allied aircraft cause the M 163 was so hard to control in turning abilties!

6. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

Is this fslse info?

From what I just learned, it did minimal damage.:behindsofa:

7. Heidi

Heidi New Member

True,it was a superior jet but it was a handful for the Germans pilots to control.

8. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink New Member

9. Heidi

Heidi New Member

I am not sure,there was one German jet that was to hard to handle and to had at manueverable,it sounds like that one you provided a link for.

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

The main problem with the Me-163 was that it was launched directly vertical, like an anti-aircraft missile, and so the bombers had to be flying virtually overhead the launch site for the aircraft to be effective.

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Maybe daft but god i would love to see this

Replica of the Great Panjandrum, 1944 super-weapon, to be tested - Times Online

And more pics and video

The Great Panjandrum rolls again... Secret weapon designed for D-Day roars back to life for anniversary | Mail Online

13. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

14. smaja

smaja New Member

Don't forget British Sticky bomb