" The Pistol "

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by liverpool annie, Feb 6, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Attached Files:

2. Hill 40

Hill 40 New Member

If it's got the serial number 19074, then that's the one (however - being such an infamous piece, I wonder just how many 19074's exist today!!!! LOL)

Personally, I always thought that the pistol used was a FN Browning Modele 1900, not the 1910 that is/was on show. Many of the contemporary drawings of the event show Princip with a Mle.1900 and I'm certain (though I can't recall the source)that I've seen a police photograph showing the 1900.

However... as reported on Wikipedia...

So , even though it's usually highly advisable to take Wikipedia entries with a large dose of salt, I (and the artists of the time) may be (and probably are) wrong and it may actually be Schauman's piece that I've seen on the photos. I do wonder if that one actually is THE pistol though.

3. liverpool annie

Pistol found that killed 8.5 million people

According to www.gunsworld.com ...... it was a Browning 1910, Belguim made, .32 ACP

There appears to be some uncertainty on whether it was a .32 or a .380, both were being manufactured at the time.

Attached Files:

4. liverpool annie

5. liverpool annie

And heres the same - only different !! :)

6. Hill 40

Hill 40 New Member

Knew I had one knocking around somewhere (doesn't everybody?:D). If not of the model that started the war, maybe this is the one that finished off Percy Toplis????:p

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views: