The Newest Craziness : Quantrill's Gun

Discussion in 'Civil War' started by Kate, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kate

Kate Active Member

Oh come ON! Are you KIDDING me?! Well now, what in the world is Kate worked up over this time, huh?

I'll try to type this out as a responsible journalist with "just the facts, ma'am" but that's not going to be easy. hehe Ooops, there I go already. ;)

Okay, the scene is the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, PA. Just half an hour from Gettysburg, for location placement. A few nights ago, there were a handful of protesters there.... raising a stink about an exhibit that included a gun that was used to kill Confederate soldiers being in one of the exhibits.

There... got through that paragraph... moving on. Might I say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! HELLLLLO.... operative words here were *Civil War* museum. I wish no one would have needed to die, but I mean, ... well come on! You think the Confederates didn't kill any Federals? Sheesh!

Give an inch and start bending over backward like this country has been doing, and there will be protests about everything. Oh wait, it's already happening. Yes, Quantrill's gun was involved in a bloodbath. Well guess what? So were TONS of other guns. The gun that Booth used on Lincoln is in a museum, for crying out loud! Actually scratch that... I think it's displayed at Ford's Theater.

I think that the unfortunate decision to remove Confederate flags from Civil War battlefields last year (Civil War battlefields, of all places!) fed all this craziness.

I'm finished. Obviously I failed the responsible journalist test. :rolleyes: Let's hear your thoughts!