The Cinderella Service

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Antipodean Andy, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Yes, I've seen that book too. However, I've been put off by the price/page ratio, and the fact that nobody else has recommended it yet either.

However, I have a couple of books on my wishlist (though quite low at the moment because the last thing I want to do is develop interest in another vast area of the RAF that would cost me a fortune :mad2:):

A Forgotten Offensive: Royal Air Force Coastal Command's Anti-shipping Campaign, 1940-45

Search, Find and Kill!: Coastal Command's U-boat Successes in World War Two

Though I really want this one:

The Other Few: Bomber and Coastal Command Operations in the Battle of Britain

4. Antipodean Andy

Not a bad set of books considering you're trying not to get into CC too much...don't think I've got any CC books. Sad state of affairs really but am enjoying the anti-shipping, low level Med work too much at the moment! Peter Clare's about the only CC expert I know. Is he coming over from the dark side, I wonder?

You know you want to...:bolt:

5. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

The book on coastal command that I am looking for is called "Coastal Command Through the Looking Glass" it was a series of cartoons produced by members of coastal command about their lifes and work! I remeber reading it in the SASOs office at Pitreavie caste while on guard duty!

6. Antipodean Andy

Will keep my eyes open, Morse! Sounds like a ripper book.

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Sounds interesting, Morse - but I can't find any reference to it on abe etc. Must be very rare

8. Antipodean Andy

Same here. Bloody Lewis Carroll.