Still Alive

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by John, Jan 16, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

Hi All
    Just to let you all know I am alive and kicking. The floods have missed my town but we are surrounded by towns that have been flooded. Death toll stands at 18 and is expected to rise. A lot of damage was done to Brisbane as many suburbs went under.
    Victoria is also flooding now, so I hope the Vic boys are all okay
    John
    Queensland

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

nice to know you are doing ok JOhn, you've been very quiet around the forum and i was wondering where the boxer had gone to!

3. John

John Active Member

Hi Kitty - thanks for the welcome back. hope you had a good xmas

4. martinww2

martinww2 New Member

Goodluck overthere john!!

5. John

John Active Member

Thanks Martin, I am in a safe area, but the floods have been very bad and now the Insurance mob are finding ways not to pay the victims

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

don't they always? Least there is the chance the Oz government will put a stop to that. I assume its the old 'act of God' excuse they use here?

7. John

John Active Member

Hi Kitty - Would you believe that the insurance companies now saying that it depends on what type of water has caused the damage. Riverine water, flash flood water and storm water

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

does H2o count?

9. John

John Active Member

Most likely they would say H2o does count... lol I wonder what the will say now that we have 2 cyclones bearing down on Queensland

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

i think batten down the hatches and go along for the ride.

11. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi John, Kitty and other Forummers???
    Thought I better check in to to say, sorry for no messages, been in hospital since 03/12/10.

Home today, first time on machine, still a bit shaky, but will get better in time,

Wish you all the best for New Year.
    Cheers
    Keith

12. John

John Active Member

You make sure you look after yourself and get plenty of rest, Keith.

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

welcome back Keith, I thought you had been rather quiet of late!

14. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,
    The senior sister on the ward told me that the pain I had gone through was worse than giving birth !
    So I will leave you with the knowledge that I do, now, know what it is like to give birth !!!!
    All down to a little stone in my innards.
    Still a bit dithery on keyboard and having to learn to walk again, the function lost through inactivity, but I'm still here.
    The good thing is I missed all the bad weather and the 'flu epidemic.
    Will be fully operative in about 6 weeks.
    Did everything go OK in December ?:ballchain:
    Cheers
    Keith

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

am glad you pulled through Keith, the site has been too quiet without you!

As to december, have been forced to put it back to december this year, I was out of work for too long so the bills had to wait.

16. sniper

sniper Active Member

Welcome back Keith, hope your getting better by the day. Its been quiet around here without you and it would be good to get this forum back up and more chat going on topic as well as off.

Sniper [Mike]

17. Keith

Keith New Member

To al our friends in New Zealand

I can only say how sad I am regarding the latest news reports on the deaths and destruction that have occured because of the latest earthquake.
    I am sure the other members will join me in the hope that your ordeal is now over.

Keith

18. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hear Hear Keith, these are the ones who we should be helping, the ones who have stood beside us during the two world wars, the ones who stood with us in our hour of need on more than one occasion.

Sniper