Star ratings

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Antipodean Andy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Hi everyone

Just a little hint regarding the star ratings for threads. I know it's all subjective and what one person finds awesome, another will find boring and there'll be heaps in between.

Personally, I think the ratings should only be used for long, valuable and fascinating discussions involving numerous members and considerable amounts of information/learning. A thread should earn its rating not just be handed five stars willy nilly within 10 minutes of it being created.

In reality, they're not of a heck of a lot of use anyway perhaps because they are so subjective. The vast majority of threads haven't been rated so the stars are probably not even relevant?

2. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Why do you have them ?? .... stars I mean !

I always feel sorry for a person who has obviously put thought into a post ... and yet only gets 3 stars ... because the person awarding the stars doesn't realise what has gone into it !!

I think they should only be used for "Classic" threads .... if at all !

Just my opinion !!

Annie

3. John

John Active Member

I also agree with Andy and Annie. I think it is an insult to a person's intelligence having their marked as if they are still in school. I am still trying to work out what the idea is of the two things under our names are for.

:behindsofa:

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Me too, John! :lol:

There are some instructions but I whizzed through them and came away none the wiser. A bit too intelligent for me, I suspect.

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

I give no credence whatsoever to any of those honours/award systems.

6. war hawk

war hawk New Member

Why don't the Administrators disable it then.? I do not understand the two things under the name eitherthere is no way I am on here 70 % of the day I usually come on here like 3 times a day and I usually only stay on here 5 min at a time( unless I walk away I do do that sometimes)

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

The Star rating System has been disabled. Existing ratings will remain though.

As for the system under the Username, that is just a bit of fun. The Activity is relative to the last 30 days, not how long one spends online each day. So war hawk is visited the forum 71% of the days in the last 30 - i.e. about 21 days out of the 30

8. John

John Active Member

I am in and out of the site many times a day and yet I only show 41%. How come ???
    :car:
    PS
    Is it because I leave myself signed in to this site without signing out ???