Squadron history websites

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Antipodean Andy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DFC

DFC New Member

2. DFC

DFC New Member

3. DFC

DFC New Member

And another one not to bad
    635 Squadron
    635 SQN pathfinders also good book coming out
    AJ

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

What's the name of the 635 book?

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Yes, AJ, you can't just mention something like that and not tell us the title!

6. DFC

DFC New Member

Errm will be back in jiffy with the title
    AJ

7. DFC

DFC New Member

OK here is the cover 635 Squadron pathfinders a definitive history march 1944 -Sept 1945
    :oops:
    Cheers AJ BOOKCOVER(1).JPG

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

9. Antipodean Andy

I won't say what just went through my head and came out of my mouth! Ah well, one for the ever-growing wishlist.

10. DFC

DFC New Member

Yes at the price somebody would think that the book was researched and written just for an individual ,but if you really want the info,I have the 105 Squadron book history 200+ page and i believe i got it for 20 US dollars new so you do wonder sometimes
    AJ

11. Antipodean Andy

You talking the Stuart Scott books, AJ? Great detail which I've flicked through and referenced many times for here and elsewhere. Will read them cover to cover one of these days.

The 635 book is a fair size and hardcover but I've acquired new hardback squadron histories lately for less than A$50 so ... guess it all comes down to production costs etc. Great to see something has been produced for 635 though.

12. DFC

DFC New Member

Speaking of the lottery, in Australia we just had or biggest ever 50 million quid
    one from my state won with one other. I got division 5 not quite enough to buy lunch
    AJ

13. DFC

DFC New Member

I suppose where you are also makes a really big difference as I hate to say it but Adelaide is a hole especially when it comes to medals and books on ww1 or ww2 Nothing around absolute void ,same could be said about other points about Adelaide :deadhorse:

Cheers Tony (AJ)

14. Antipodean Andy

Only been in Melbourne since May last year and am moving slightly remote soon. I picked up Battle-Axe Blenheims at a discount bookstore in Perth a couple of years ago and Mosquito Thunder off Ebay UK.

I don't think I've bought even 5% of my collection from Melbourne shops - too pricey in most cases.

15. DFC

DFC New Member

Hmm think of the bright side at least you have book shops that sell at least some of what you are after Everything I have to do with militaria has come from O/S or interstate .Its a shocker

16. Oggie2620

Oggie2620 New Member

Andy
    I always try Alibris, Abebooks and Amazon for second hand copies.... They do seem to have some unusual stuff so may be worth a try for your book.
    Dee

17. edgar hernandez

edgar hernandez New Member