Spammers

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by The General, Feb 23, 2007.

1. The General

The General New Member

We had a spammer sign up and sneak a post through last night. I try to be extremely diligent about this sort of thing and check the site for new posts numerous times each day. This one happened duirng the middle of the night, which is why I missed it.

Once I realized it was spam, the post was deleted, the user's account deleted, and the IP address permanently banned.

Please accept my apology for that one sneaking through. I would, however, ask that if anyone sees anything that looks like spam appearing anywhere on this site, please bring it to my attention immediately, and I will see to it that it's blown away for good.

Thanks.

Eric

2. markpeters

markpeters New Member

Eric,

You sound awfully like Susan there.   :-\   "Spammers"? Nothing to with Monty Python, I suppose.  But, I bet you've seen Eric Idle's 'Spamalot' already.

Best wishes,

Mark

3. AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn New Member

Don't we only wish it had something to do with Monty Python. <sigh>

Thanks for ousting that creep, Eric.

Linda

4. The General

The General New Member

Spam, spam, bacon,,eggs and spam.

Sadly, it wasnt that sort of spam. :(

This was the unpleasant kind, the kind one has to be diligent about constantly.

Good riddance.

Eric

5. Basecat

Basecat New Member

Eric,

No need to apologize, and I was up in the middle of the night, but I must have missed it. I may not say alot in here, but I do look in here every night before I turn in just in case there is anything inappropriate.

Rangers- Blue Jackets tomorrow, and yes I know, I still owe you a meal from last year's game. :) Maybe we should go to Mendy's (Seinfeld joke). :)

Take Care.

Steve