Spam messages in Introductions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aghart, Nov 6, 2013.

1. aghart

aghart Former Tank Commander Moderator

Dear members, you will be aware that the site has been swamped recently by a plague of spam messages from supposed new members. I have been made a moderator to help stop this. Rest assured, I will show no mercy, They will be deleted faster than you can say "not another one"

jrj1701 likes this.
  2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Thanks for helping! :)

3. aghart

I have now passed the 100 mark in regards to deleting spam

4. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Thanks a lot for such constant vigilance.
    I think it would have been better, if the first message be screened before postings, the spammers could hardly then get any chance there and be checked at the first hand! Though I ain't have any idea wheather it pos'ble or not.

5. Athame

Athame New Member

Fear Naught the spammers!:D

6. aghart

The spammers seem to be reducing in number, those who still try to post are though avoiding the introductions thread and placing their posts elsewhere. Fear Naught! they are still doomed Capt Mainwaring! Doomed I tell you:)

7. aghart

Ramon Ormi a persistent spammer on this site has been deleted by me (again). Normally I have the option to ban a spammer but for reasons unknown, the ban button is not available when his posts appear. I can and will continue to delete his spam posts as and when they appear.

8. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Yes, Ramon Ormi seems to be a persistent spammer, since he returnd for the 4th time, after 3 times of deletion ! Probably he is using some better or smarter version in his system (though I guess only) that enable to block some functions of the host computer !
    I also facing some problems like whenever going to report against his post, I unable, till I restart my system. Since my knowledge in this field of software/hardware, is very limited, so this remains ailing. Thats why you found me replying to his post, alongwith Reporting against .