Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Historynut, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Historynut

Historynut Guest

Hello WWII Chat,
    My name is Hal, and I have been lurking for a few days. 30 years of teaching History HS and JC level. I post on two other sites, primarily ACW and American West topics, but I enjoyed your ability to discuss topics without flame wars. Your Mods seem to have built an excellent site here. I may not post a great deal, but I will continue to enjoy the conversation. :pop2:

Regards,
    Hal

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome to the forum Hal, look forward to your posts. Do Lilac's abound in your area of the states?

I am a bit of a North American history buff myself which was instilled in part through the Westerns as a youngster. Similar for WW1 & WW2 I guess!

I worked in the Pacific for many years so I have been to many of the islands where your lads fought. Some side by side with the Aussies as well as those also in the Central Pacific. My avatar is a memorial from Betio on Tarawa.

Hear from you soon.

Cheers

Geoff

3. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Hi Hal,

Welcome aboard.

Cheers

Owen

4. 51highland

51highland Member

Welcome and enjoy !!!

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Welcome historynut. I am glad you liked our forum enough to join. We try to be a civilised bunch :)

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Except for Kyt who is the most uncivilised person i know.

Welcome to the forum Hal. I think you are our first pure bred American?

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Welcome aboard, Hal. I am sure you will enjoy it here.
    Regards
    Hugh

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

G'day Hal, welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words. I look forward to your posts.