Royal Canadian Legion Pin

Discussion in 'Your Collectibles' started by Drafter, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Drafter

Drafter Guest

Hello I am new to this forum and have a couple of questions on a pin I have. I have a Royal Canadian Legion Pin that my gandfather gave me when he was in WW2 at the same time being in the Royal Canadian Ordance Corps as a projectionist. I posted a picture below I hope it clear enough to look at. Was still in the RCL for a while after the war. I am putting together a shadow box of him of what he did in the war and his memorabilia that he also gave me. He told me that he was given the pin for being with them I must assume he was a volunteer for them I am not sure what he did for them there. I am looking for info if this correct or not as to what it is actually given for. Also is this a lapel pin worn around the coler of the uniform or around where the medals would be worn? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated can provide more details on his service in the RCOC with what he received for being with them if it can be of any help in identifying this pin.

Thanks alot,

Drafter

Attached Files:

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi Drafter,

can you please transcribe the inscription as it is difficult to read. It is a RCL badge, but the Union Jack behand the Maple Leaf isn't a design I've seen before. Will have a look around

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BTW, in all the pictures I have seen it is worn on left lapel, above the medals

4. Drafter

Drafter Guest

Sorry about meant to say Royal Canadian Legion I was trying to be brief as an abbreviation RCL. Hope that makes sense. Thanks alot so far that is very helpful I was beginning to suspect it being worn as a lapel pin around where the medals would be worn. That would be great if you find anything else that could be of some help. I was noticing to the union jack in the background my grandfather was never overseas just on the home front in Canada Alberta but mostly in Ontario. Althougth being in the Canadian Service was it still considered to being a british subject thus being the union jack in the background on the pin. My grandfather said they were reffered to as being british subjects although Canadian in origin.

I am going to also call veteran affiars Canada and the Royal Canadian Legion tomorrow to see if they have any background info that maybe of some help or if not get reffered to the right source. Thanks alot so far the help greatly appreciate that in the mean time will keep checking around online to see if I can find anything.

Drafter

5. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

6. Drafter

Drafter Guest

Thanks alot for the link for the legion Richard I finally had the chance to call the toll free number in Ottawa last week. I spoke with someone there and offered to help I sent the same picture of the pin by e-mail and said he would see what he could do. I haven't heard back from him yet so I am not sure at this time if he is checking into it.

Kyt wanted to check back with you got busy with work did you get the chance to see if there any sources with this kind of design? I also signed up with another forum like this to see what else I can turn up haven't had a chance to post yet going to to do that right away. I will post again with the feedback I get from there.

Thanks alot,

Drafter

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome to the forum, Drafter, hope we can help out.

8. Drafter

Drafter Guest

Thanks very much for the welcome Andy I appreciate that. So far I got alot of great feedback on my grandfather's pin very helpful members and forum to ask questions.