RAF 43 Groups No.54 MU

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by dsms, Jan 11, 2009.

1. BC1

BC1 New Member

OK then, here's the next:

Attached Files:

2. J Baker

J Baker New Member

Hi There,

My father was a member of 54 MU from late 1940/ early 41 through to when he had a nasty accident with a Blenheim. He made a list of aircraft they atteeded to from memory shortly before he passed away in 1992. IF this is of any interest I would be happy to post details, but must point out they are from memory. In reply to other posts they were based out of Marshalls Airport in Cambridge whilst my father was in the unit although they were billeted off camp and spent most of their time out and about at airfields and crash sites. They worked on all crashes not just fighters including Wellingtons and the first Stirlings. My Fathers Section were on detatchment in Coventry at the time of the Coventry blitz working with a factory on how to transport Stirlings as they were such a large aircraft. Jerry Baker

3. derek rice

derek rice New Member

HI do you no anthing about this crash MU 54 was sent to Eaton Socon, to recover a Dornier 215 reconnaissance aircraft, which had been shot down by RAF fighters.
    During the removal of the wreckage, the crane jib made contact with an overhead power line, which electrocuted airman of mu54