Our Wars In 2 Minutes

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Tom Bennett, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Tom Bennett

Tom Bennett New Member

Is war beyond our understanding? For several months I've read many different opinions on this subject throughout this forum and others which has been extremely enlightening.

With this question in mind and being a Film Editor I decided to create a video titled 'Our Wars In 2 Minutes' that covers the major wars since WW1/WW2 up until ISIS.

Having worked on this for a couple of months it would be extremely rewarding to hear back from a community that has informed much of my knowledge on international conflicts.

2. Kate

Kate Active Member

Wow, Tom... this was extremely powerful and although I wasn't prepared emotionally for some of the images (too close to home in some cases) it had the desired effect of making me sit up and *feel.*

Not sure what I can say here... I'm *not* knowledgeable about international conflicts, just the American Civil War... which wasn't covered here, but I'm responding so you know I saw it and you have done an incredible job with it... some of the image flashes in it were things I remember so well from over the years.

It's very important to remember that in any community where this subject is being discussed, there are going to be as many varying opinions as there are members. Listening to all of it but ultimately forming our own thoughts and opinions without being swayed is vital.

In any case, hope you get a lot of feedback. Oh, I didn't answer your question... silly me! :D Is war beyond our understanding? Yes and no. Yes on the human feelings side... it's horrid. It's destructive, and it has its own kind of evil. BUT "NO!" because if it didn't happen, I don't think any of us can truly comprehend what our world would be like if terrorists were allowed to run things and take over. When evil needs to be stopped, war is inevitable or we feed the evil.

That's Kate's fortune cookie saying for today. :rolleyes: