Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by Antipodean Andy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

2. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

It is truly impressive, and thanks to the enthusiasm and funds of Peter Jackson the film-maker, of Lord of the Rings fame, who is the genius behind the museum. The replica aeroplanes are first class, and the dioramas are excellent.

Another example of Jackson's talent can be seen at the AWM in Canberra, where the Over the Front display is truly brilliant, featuring a 10 minutes CGI film on a 3 x 21 metre screen. It has to be seen to be believed!

Gareth

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

G'day Gareth. I knew about his work at the AWM as I subscribe to Wartime but missed any mention of his work at Omaka...or haven't remembered it. I seriously need to get to Canberra.

I've been following the WWI industry that Omaka has developed. They are artisans pure and simple. Are you going to Classic Fighters at Easter, Gareth?

Was thinking about Peter Jackson's Dambusters project the other day and with further evidence in your thread, Gareth, it would appear it's in the best hands! Someone who "gets" it.

4. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

Andy

The trip to the AWM will be well worth the effort. The Over the Front video display starts at 30 minutes past the hour, every hour. Get there in time for a seat at the front.

Cheers

Gareth