Oh No, There's That Statement Again "No Boots"

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by Kate, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Active Member

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll try "Other Conflicts" because I can't post in the news section as far as I can see. Anyhow.... Iraq.

Seriously, how often have we heard the "No boots on the ground" right before there were MANY boots sent into a volatile area? Now it's being said about the ever-escalating conflict in Iraq. "No boots"... I say prove it!

So there was just a news report that John Kerry told them to "Come together." I'm sure they'll be falling all over themselves to "obey" that tidbit of wisdom. Some groups may respond to something like that, but those trying to destroy Baghdad? I highly doubt they're going to "smooch and make up" because an American tells them to!

Question for ya'll is this: Where do you see the escalating Iraqi conflict leading for American/UK, etc. troops? I'm watching closely... my nephew is about to go on his 7th deployment. None of us ever thought it could possibly be back to Iraq after all the time he spend there a couple of years ago.