Not Known Where He is Buried or Commemorated

Discussion in 'Looking for someone' started by liverpool annie, May 1, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

It would be really nice to be able to find more information on this young soldier !

Lance Corporal Paul G Pollock 14th Royal Irish Rifles 14/15780

7 Glandore Park, Belfast, was a member of St Enoch's Presbyterian Church, Belfast. He sailed to France on 5th October 1915 and was reported missing on 1st July 1916, as part of the ill-fated Ulster Division attack on the first day of the Battle of the Somme. It is not known where he is buried or commemorated.

Alan on the Inst School memorial in Belfast found this .... in fact I think it's him that started the commemoration ......

In Memory of
    Lance Corporal PAUL POLLOCK

15780, 14th Bn., Royal Irish Rifles
    who died age 21
    on 01 July 1916

Remembered with honour
    THIEPVAL MEMORIAL

This casualty has recently been accepted for commemoration by the Commission. However, it will not be possible to add his name to this Memorial immediately. Please contact the Commission before planning a visit, for more information.

Attached Files:

2. liverpool annie

In from the cold April 2009

RIP Paul

3. sniper

sniper Active Member

Good work Annie, will be looking for your pics this week. Have had a lot come up lately and will get them to you as soon as i can. Have to find the cd they are on. Currently going through all my cd's and so that i can add them to my spreadsheet so will come across them soon. Have a friend who is doing this for the Shropshire Light Infantry and so far has got around 20 men put on the CWGC listings.
    Sniper (Mike)

4. liverpool annie

Thanks Mike !

Look forward to seeing the photos !! :)

Annie