New section needed.

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by The Aviator, Nov 22, 2007.

1. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

I noticed that the very fine post about the C-130 had to be put in 'BARRACKS'

Could I ask if consideration could be given to making a topic 'MODERN WEAPONS and EQUIPMENT'?

I know, I know, it's a forum about WW2. But the fact remains that good posts like the AC-130 are still appearing and there is a lot of interest for modern weapons.
    Besides, having just WW2 is making the forum very closeted.
    Just a thought.
    The Aviator

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

I was going to add it last night but posted in the barracks for ease. We already have pre and post ww2 so the forum does not become "closeted".

Cheers

Geoff

3. The Aviator

The Aviator New Member

Well Geoff, as those sections are called other conflicts, I just thought that a post about the specifications of a modern aircraft, gun or tank didn't belong there.

Maybe it might be just a simple matter of calling the two sections post 45 era and pre 39 era.
    Whatever. If everyone is happy leave it.
    Not a lot of over modding going on here anyway.
    In some forums I've seen bored Mods are moving posts everywhere. like shuffling cards. Others are urging members to "keep on topic' and other junk.
    The style here is the best yet.
    Graeme

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I would second Spidge's comments. Personally, I think that:

1) the pre-1939 and post-1945 conflicts were added after due consideration that WW2 wasn't an isolated event and that there is a linearity to history

2) Modern weapons etc is a great idea. However, to me that thread really became interesting when members contributed personal experiences. So thank you DL, Morse and Adrian

3) Keeping on topic is a tricky issue. There's a difference between topics going off topic because of some pedantic arguement between two or more members (which I would frown upon) and going off topic by virtue of an interesting tangent being debated (which may then merit a whole new thread for that subject)

4) Leniancy, like respect, has to be earnt, not automatically given.