My Collection

Discussion in 'Your Collectibles' started by sgt petts, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

View attachment 339 View attachment 340 stuff 037.jpg

And bored now! I will get around to posting up the Gaultier perfumes, and I have decided to photo all f the parasols and will dig out the Gibson Girl Kite as well.

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Kitty, that is a truly stunning collection!!!! Well done and thank you for posting all the pics.

The embroidery is trench art? My grandmother has some of that from members of her family (and therefore mine) that served on the Western Front.

9. spidge

spidge Active Member

Absolutely fantastic collection. You must be very proud of it!

10. Antipodean Andy

Nice nails too! If I could just see her face in the glass, there'd be a face to a name!

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

The nails are looking somewhat short at the moment after i ripped most of them off whilst cutting down a willow.

I am very proud of the little collections i have amassed, problem is most of the items have now gone through the roof in cost so not currently collecting them till the bottom out again.

As to the postcards, Andy they were mass produced in places like Paris in order to sell them to the Allied troops on leave. You can get little cards and the handkerchiefs. i was lucky enough to get one still in its wax paper envelope with a very delicate embroidered handkerchief inside the card. Some of those cards i don't personally like but I tend to try and buy all those a dealer has sent from one person home to keep the collections together. Costs a bleeding fortune.

As to a picture of me then i may eventually get around to putting one up. maybe.

12. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Lovely collection Kitty.
    I love the silks, mine are still in an envelope.

I have just tried to post my photo's here, but keep getting a message "Data Base Error"

Help!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi SP

I'll have a look see for the problem. If I can't figure it out then I'll Lee know.

14. Antipodean Andy

Look out SP, the whole thing might be broken in a minute. :)

I was about to say I didn't think I had been as brave as to post some photos but then I remembered that I did last week!

What were we talking about again? :)

Looking forward to your pics, SP.

15. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

SP's collection. This is a test. The database error is caused by the size of the original file. I have resized to 75%

Attached Files:

16. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Oooh Thank you Kyt.

I got your email, and will follow you instructions, I have to rush as I am helping out at my daughters school.
    Taking two classes of 4 & 5 year old to an Art Gallery.

In the above photo is my 1914 Princess Mary Christmas Tin,Ypres letter opener (with bullet) small shell R.E lighter, R.E Ashtray (I never used it) Match Box.

17. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Nice. I particularly like the knife. And the match-box gives a good indication of relative sizes. Is that an original matchbox too, SP?

18. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

I don't really know Kyt.

Just had a look.

VULCAN Matches. Made in Sweden.

John Masters & Co LTD London & Glasgow.

The Match Box has a 1919 Penny on it.

Very faded, where the thumb must have been while the match was struck/striked.

19. spidge

spidge Active Member

Very nice pieces!

20. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Thanks Spidge.

I just taken some more photo's, but have to try to re size them.
    I couldn't do it before. :-(