My Collection

Discussion in 'Your Collectibles' started by sgt petts, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

SP,

I keep forgetting to ask - inyour collection of trench art do you have any lighters or ciggie cases. Apart from the war, my other interest is in smoking memorabilia, though I mainly collect zippos. But the trench lighters I have seen are often ingenious.

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

SP,

I keep forgetting to ask - inyour collection of trench art do you have any lighters or ciggie cases. Apart from the war, my other interest is in smoking memorabilia, though I mainly collect zippos. But the trench lighters I have seen are often ingenious.

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I've always been keen on the myriad of Zippos the USN makes for ships etc. Would be good to collect if I didn't have a book and old truck fetish!

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Expensive business, Andy. My zippos are almost all Camel cig brand. With a total of about 600 different types produced over 40+ years, I've got a long way to go. And they are almost impossible to buy outside America & Germany. But not a bad nest-egg - should recover about £2000 just for my little lot.

The military ones are nice, especially the Vietnam era ones.

5. Antipodean Andy

I only ever got the one Zippo...and I don't smoke. It is a silver and "ivory" USS Arkansas CGN-41. Got the fuel for it around somewhere...actually, the lighter is around somewhere too!

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hope it still has that ding - collectors halve their offers on a ding-less zippo

7. Antipodean Andy

Certainly does, hardly used. One of my fave sounds.

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oh yes? So you hear the ding of a zippo in one hear, and the misses saying "come to bed lover boy" in the other - still your favourite sound? :becky:

9. Antipodean Andy

I was going to mention the Merlin engine but now that you mention it...

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I'm not sure the misses will appreciate the comparison with a zippo, or merlin.....

11. Antipodean Andy

They're all sweet...

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Ahh, I think he may have redeemed himself.

13. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Sorry for delayed reply, got the dreaded cold, and spent all day at "The Flower of Scotland" meeting at the FRC.

I have one Trench Art Lighter, with R.E Button on top, also from WW1 I have my Great Grandfathers Lucifer, and from WW2 my grandad's Lighter, it has his name on the front G.T Petts.

I will add pic's asap.

My hubby has Zippo's.
    Mainly Confederate Flags, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels,

14. spidge

spidge Active Member

A friend of mine at last count had over 700 Zippo's in his collection.

15. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi SP,

I hope you feel better soon. Pictures would be great, whenever you get a chance.

Spidge,

humph, there's always someone who has more :cry_smile:

16. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

No I bet you have more than hubby, he collects anything Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird. Most died in plane crash in the 70's.

17. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Watched ConAir last night (Nicholas Cage) in which one of the famous quotes is:

Steve Buscemi: Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.
    whilst Sweet Home Alabama is playing on their stereo

18. spidge

spidge Active Member

I am very boring.

I am not a collector of any memorabilia.

19. spidge

spidge Active Member

We have got to stop this:

It is what I am watching at the moment.

20. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

It's a great way to relax - mindless violence that requires no input from the viewer. Love it.

However, SP has now got me searching youtube for Lynard Skynard videos to download. Thanks SP, I was about to go back to my books :cry_smile: