Medical Supplies

Discussion in 'Weapons, Technology & Equipment' started by liverpool annie, Sep 9, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

I thought you might find these of interest ... I "half inched" them from the mother site ! :rolleyes:

Annie :)

Attached Files:

2. scrimnet

scrimnet New Member

I have a full compliment of RAMC equipment for a MO and a RAP-original....

I'll post pics as the day goes by...:)

What Annie has put up would have been found on the Home Front, although it may have crept in amongst some of the Friends and St John units....

3. scrimnet

scrimnet New Member

First of all, the RAMC MOs Regimental Pannier, or Medical Companion

Attached Files:

4. liverpool annie

I wonder if this one is like your one ...... similar don't you think ?? :) ....... well at least it's made of wood by the looks of it !!

Attached Files:

5. scrimnet

scrimnet New Member

Ahhh...Mine is canvas covered wicker, and is shaped to sit on the hip....

First came in during Boer war, and used throughout WW2 and beyond....Mine is an origianl with the actual broad arrow stamps all over it, and the kit inside.There is also a list of stuff for what should be in there...All RAMC stamped...:)

Your examples, though nice are civiliain...;)

6. liverpool annie

But Scrim ........ it's St John's Ambulance !! :eek:

Yours is nice though ...... do you get your stuff at car boot sales or on line ??

Nosy Annie :rolleyes:

7. scrimnet

scrimnet New Member

I get them where I can...I'm often offered stuff when I do talks...

Just been given the effects (minus medals) and ephemera of a WW1 artillery officer...Maps, paperwork, mirrors, med kit, Sam Browne, valise, shed loads!

8. Jerome

Jerome Member

Any chance Scrim of posting the list? Curious to see what a WW1 MO carried around.