Looking for veterans, please

Discussion in 'Looking for someone' started by Katie Wilson-Ainsworth, May 19, 2013.

1. I'm a freelance writer, and I am working on a series of pro-military interviews with veterans. The goal is to instill greater pride and awareness of the reality of service in Americans. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for veterans, and I would like to include WW2 veterans in my work. I am not looking for anything specific. These are simply meant to be stories about veteran's experiences on whatever topic they choose for themelves. I feel it is incredibly important to have these stories recorded and it is a very personal, important issue for me. If you are a family member of a veteran and have stories you would be willing to share, that would also be fantastic. I was originally hired by a veteran-owned group that wants to add personal stories to their site, and I want to collect as many as possible. Please don't assume someone else will share and that your story does not matter. Stories can be big or small, combat-related or even stories from Basic, or stories about pranks you pulled on your friends or what your first experiences were upon returning home. Anything you choose. I hope to hear back from a lot of you. Thank you.