London war memories from WW II.

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Tomgus, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mathsmal

mathsmal New Member

Hi

The easiest register to check is the one on the CWGC website. You'll need to search in the Cemeteries section, then by London borough.

:: CWGC ::
    London Boroughs

I did a quick search and the Mortensens are lists (but their nationality is stated as UK, not Swedish). The same for Lily Sutherland, although it also mentions:

B.R.C.S., A.R.P., W.V.S.; of Long Platt, Little Austins, Farnham, Surrey. Daughter of L. M. Nordensson, of Ottenby, Sweden; widow of R. G. Sutherland. Died at 43 York Terrace.

2. Tomgus

Tomgus New Member

Wow mathsmal THANKS SO MUCH!!! Lot to seek there. Seems like the Mortensens had been UK citizens since living in London since 20's. And Lily was married to a UK citizens. Again many THANKS!

3. Tomgus

Tomgus New Member

Hi again!
    Any suggestions on info about Wembley Stadion and Wembley-area during WWII? Bomb damages etc?

4. Tomgus

Tomgus New Member

Hi!
    Anyone that knows about the air warnings sirens in London during WWII? Where they all machine driven and connected in some way? I've seen pictures that looks like people having smaller handdriven sirens? Who was responible for the sirens sounding and do you know any places where "big" sirens was situated? THANKS!

5. edgar hernandez

edgar hernandez New Member

i can recomend you to check this up, it is an hungarian survivers book, that is trying to raise, hardly recomended

http://igg.me/at/Tumay-Janos-book/x/4226408

6. edgar hernandez

edgar hernandez New Member