Japanese Sources

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by nathanmg@rogers.com, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I am an historian in Ottawa, Ontario and the author of The Battle of the St. Lawrence: The Second World War in Canada (Harper/Collins, 2004) andBaptism of Fire: The Second Battle of Ypres and the Forging of Canada, April, 1915 (Harper/Collins 2007. I am presently working on a book about the Pacific War and am interested in finding Japanese sources --specificially memoires by Japanese fighting in Hong Kong and Burma.

Let me thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
    Nathan M. Greenfield

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

3. Thanks.
    I'll make a trip to the library tomorrow.
    NMG

4. sniper

sniper Active Member

Welcome to the forum, you'll find us a friendly bunch and some of the members here do have a good knowledge of the pacific war, especially the wanna-be-poms in Australia.

Sniper :peep:

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome Nathan.

Hope we can be of assistance.

6. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome Nathan, hope you enjoy it here.

Can't imagine wanting to be a wannabe-Pom myself (half Pommy anyway) especially since they keep losing the Ashes...however, looking out over some green rolling hills would be much more pleasurable than sitting here in the office!

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

9. Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    I look forward to asking questions --and, when I come up with a gem in my research here in Canada, sharing it with you.

Cheers,
    Nathan

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Look forward to it Nathan. You'll find Tales by Japanese Soldiers a particularly good book as it really brings home the atrocious conditions the Japanese fought through, especially after Kohima, and their subsequent retreat.