ISIS almost in Bagdad

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by preacherbob50, Oct 13, 2014.

1. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 Active Member

On the news this morning they were talking about areas that ISIS is concentrating on. The one that really concerns me is the possible take over of the airport outside of Bagdad.
    If I remember correctly, when we first went in with troops, the airport is one of the first things that our troops secured and rightfully so. In the past I have been happy not to know what is going on, because that generally means that our leaders have a plan. But, such is not the case with this administration in that even our illustrious president revealed the identity of one of our spy guys and has been pretty open mouthed about how we are going to perform a military operation. I suppose I might be jumping the gun. I'm pretty sure there will be someone on TV telling us all about our secret plans to help, uh, Hurt ISIS by tonight.

2. DancingLady

DancingLady Member

ISIS is a huge problem right now. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but a group that is going through a nation killing innocent people in the name of their religion has to be stopped. What' crazy about Islam is that these extreme groups are actually the ones who follow what the Koran says. The muslims to are peaceful are actually the more liberal ones. Islam is a really scary and oppressive religion if taken literally.

3. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I'm scared that ISIS might be in the U.S. and we are just turning a blind eye to it. That incident in Oklahoma was too much of a coincidence to not be related to ISIS. I just think the government doesn't want us to panic, but we should be aware.

4. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 Active Member

Today, three American teens were stopped while trying to catch a flight to Syria. The FBI said the kids wanted to join ISIS.
    Kids from all over the world are trying to join. I seriously have to do a lot more studying about the obvious mystique that ISIS has with the teens. ISIS is trying to setup a Califate and declare itself a nation from what I understand.
    Maybe while I am studying more about the subject our local lovable book nerd "interrogator" can weigh in. He keeps abreast of some of these subjecs.

5. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I heard they're enticing those who are unemployed, broke, looking for work without leads and promising them a better future. Taking advantage of people in desperation (ahem like Hitler did) is just the beginning of another world war.